Where can I find a good logarithms book or PDF for summer study?

• Thread starter Andrax
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Logarithms
In summary, finding a good logarithms book or PDF for summer study can be done by searching online through websites such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or other book retailers. It is also possible to find free PDF versions through websites such as OpenStax or by searching for specific titles on Google. Additionally, checking with local libraries or university bookstores may provide access to physical copies of logarithm books for study.
Andrax
so i want to study logarithms this summer , i'd like you guys to recomonned for me a good book or site i used to go to this one http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/download.aspx it really helped me understand calculus I but they really lack info on logs , thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here is a nice looking one-page tutorial on powers and logs, a nice quick way to learn what you need to know pre-calculus.

1. What are logarithms and why are they important?

Logarithms are mathematical functions that are used to solve exponential equations. They are important because they allow us to condense large numbers and complex calculations into more manageable forms, making it easier to perform calculations and analyze data.

2. What makes a good logarithms book or PDF?

A good logarithms book or PDF should include clear and concise explanations of logarithmic concepts, a variety of practice problems with detailed solutions, and real-world applications of logarithms. It should also be well-organized and easy to navigate.

3. Can you recommend a good logarithms book or PDF for beginners?

Some popular logarithms books for beginners include "Logarithms: A Complete Introduction" by Chris McMullen and "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Algebra" by W. Michael Kelley. For a PDF resource, "The Basics of Logarithms" by Paul Dawkins is a good option.

4. Are there any online resources for learning logarithms?

Yes, there are many online resources available for learning logarithms. Some popular options include Khan Academy, MathIsFun, and Purplemath. These websites offer free tutorials, practice problems, and videos to help you understand logarithmic concepts.

5. What are some tips for mastering logarithms?

Some tips for mastering logarithms include practicing regularly, understanding the properties and rules of logarithms, and using real-world examples to apply your knowledge. It is also helpful to review your mistakes and seek help from a tutor or teacher if needed.