Why am I getting a 404 Not Found error on this webpage?

• Thread starter Rach3
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Error
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with accessing a server, resulting in a 404 Not Found error and difficulty viewing posts on the server. The conversation also mentions the possibility of a second server and the frustration of being stuck between the two.
Rach3
Forbidden :eek:

You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ on this server. :frown:

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. :confused:

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.pf1.physicsforums.com.zz[/URL] Port 80 :cry: [/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yep, there was a problem last night. :cry:

Could that explain why there are two Physics forums and some people can only see one (or in your case you keep goign through the looking glass. Please tell us all what it's like to travel between dimensions). WOudl it also explain why I thought I had a response to a post and today it up and disappeared? :confused:

Francis M said:
Could that explain why there are two Physics forums and some people can only see one (or in your case you keep goign through the looking glass. Please tell us all what it's like to travel between dimensions). WOudl it also explain why I thought I had a response to a post and today it up and disappeared? :confused:
Any posts made to the "non-permanent" server can't be seen once you connect to the permanent server. I don't know if they will be moved and merged or lost forever.

Being stuck between two servers is no fun. :cry:

I couldn't even get on this morning. :cry:

1. Why am I receiving a 404 Not Found error on this webpage?

A 404 Not Found error means that the URL you are trying to access cannot be found on the server. This could be due to a number of reasons, such as a broken link, a deleted page, or a mistyped URL.

2. Does a 404 Not Found error mean that the website is down?

No, a 404 error does not necessarily mean that the website is down. It simply means that the specific page you are trying to access cannot be found.

3. Why does the website give me a 404 Not Found error even though I typed the URL correctly?

It is possible that the webpage you are trying to access has been moved or deleted, and the server is unable to find it. It could also be due to a temporary issue with the server.

4. Can I fix a 404 Not Found error on my own?

If you are the owner of the website, you can try to fix a 404 error by checking for broken links, updating your website's sitemap, or redirecting the missing page to a new URL. However, if you are a user trying to access a webpage, you will need to contact the website owner to resolve the error.

5. Is a 404 Not Found error harmful to my computer?

No, a 404 error is not harmful to your computer. It is simply an error message that indicates the webpage you are trying to access cannot be found on the server. It does not pose any threat to your device.