I deleting the virus Command Service

• Thread starter JennieR
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Virus
In summary, the speaker tried to use Spybot to fix a virus on their computer, but it was unable to do so and suggested using AdAware instead. They also mentioned getting a lot of pop-ups and thanked the other person for their help.
JennieR
I ran spy bot and it said i had this virus. I tried to fix it but it said it was un able to and that i needed restart my computer. i did that and it still is there. I am getting a lot of pop ups to. please help!
thanks!

Computer science news on Phys.org
Spybot: Search and destroy is not an anti-virus. It detects and fixes changes to registries or files that may have been caused by malware.

I suggest using AdAware instead, it works quite well for me.

After doing a clean with adaware most if not all of your problems will be one.

Yeah, if you don't want to pay, AdAware is free :)

1. What is the virus Command Service?

The virus Command Service is a type of malicious software that can infect a computer and cause harm to its system and files. It can be disguised as a legitimate program and can spread through various means such as email attachments, downloads, and infected websites.

2. How does the virus Command Service affect my computer?

The virus Command Service can cause a variety of issues on a computer, including slowing down its performance, deleting or corrupting files, and stealing personal information. It can also allow hackers to gain access to the infected computer.

3. How do I know if my computer is infected with the virus Command Service?

Some common signs of a virus Command Service infection include sudden pop-up ads, frequent crashes, and unexplained changes to computer settings. You may also notice that your computer is running slower than usual or that your internet connection is not working properly.

4. Can I remove the virus Command Service myself?

It is possible to remove the virus Command Service manually, but it can be a complicated and time-consuming process. It is recommended to use reputable antivirus software to scan and remove the virus from your computer.

5. How can I prevent my computer from getting infected with the virus Command Service?

To prevent your computer from getting infected with the virus Command Service, it is important to have up-to-date antivirus software installed and to avoid downloading files or clicking on links from unknown or suspicious sources. Additionally, regularly backing up your important files can help protect them in case of a virus attack.