Is it time to keep blogs homework-free?

• Thread starter tiny-tim
  • Start date
In summary: ?It's a good one, but not possible right now.ok I've added a little "no homework" note. let me know if more drastic measures need to be used :)Thanks Greg, hopefully now new members will post in the forum where there is some hope of them getting a response.I think it would be great if we could set a minimum post count for blogging, so that people are actually using the forum for its intended purpose. I also think it would be a good idea to have a notice on the blog page telling people not to post their homework questions there, as this is often where they get lost.

Hi Tim!

tiny-tim said:
The system just isn't working. :frown:

New members are regularly posting homework blogs, coursework blogs, and academic-guidance blogs (4 today) which should all be on the forums.

And the supply of real blogs has almost dried up.

I suggest:

A threshold number of posts before a member can blog​
Unfortunately, Greg has indicated he is unable to do that:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1886487&postcount=9

Your other ideas are good ones. I report the blogs when I see them, to bring it to the attention of the Mentors. But some days I forget to check.

Physics news on Phys.org

I've noticed a lot of members that post questions in blogs never return to post in the forums once they've been directed there. I have no idea what these people are thinking. First of all their decision to use a blog over the forum (one tiny link compared to a whole page of forums) and why they don't come back. I'd love to know how they think.