Welcome Back MIH: Second GD Mentor for Philosophy Forum

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, MIH has returned to the PF staff as a second GD mentor with a focus on the Philosophy forum. Congratulations to MIH on her return and for finishing her degree in cognitive science. Her expertise and contributions will surely keep the forum enjoyable and sane. Cheers to MIH!
MIH is back!

Please congratulate MIH on her return to the PF staff! She will officially be a second GD mentor with Evo with her emphasis being on the Philosophy forum. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org

Congratulations MiH, nice to see you green again.

About time, too! Still, we should chip in and buy you something strong to drink when venturing into philosophy!

Congrats MIH! I'm sure you'll sort out the Philosophy forum. We told them they wouldn't like you when you're angry.

Congrats MIH, Re tyred i guess.

Welcome back MIH! I hope you'll still have time for Jello wrestling.

WOOT! MIH back in the Philosophy forum. :!)

Woot! Congrats, MIH!:smile:

applause.gif

I think I should upload new smiley to my server, this one becomes boring.

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats MIH! With both Evo and MIH working for me on the inside. I can really control PF from behind the scenes!:devil:

(P.S. I think I should get a "Super Secret Behind the Scenes Ruler of PF" Medal. It's only fair...)

Hey, Left-Coaster! Looking forward to your contributions.

Congrats, MIH! I can't wait to start a long, rambling discussion on "Can you prove to me you exist?"

ack...not really...

I wonder how much chocolate it took to get her back?

heheh congrats

Maybe I'll hang out in Philosophy now that there's a new sheriff in town.

Congrats MIH!

Thanks, you guys! I really appreciate the warm welcome back. :!)

I finished my degree in cognitive science today. That overlaps some into philosophy of mind, but I am not a phil expert. Nevertheless, I'll do my best to keep the place sane and enjoyable. I appreciate any advice and comments you have to offer along the way.

We all love you MIH!

Yay! Congratulations MIH!

Great to see yuo green!

Thanks, y'all. :)

Welcome back into the fold MIH!

Math Is Hard said:
Thanks, you guys! I really appreciate the warm welcome back. :!)

I finished my degree in cognitive science today.

A double congratulations, that's a nice achievement.

A very nice achievement!

A very very nice achievement.

Looks like every next poster have to beat the previous one :smile:

Yes, an extremely very nice achievement.

congrats!
(on the degree too, of course :biggrin:)

Yes, it is an antepenultimately nice achievement!

Nothing says congratulations like a redbelly avatar:

th_RedbellyAvatar_MIH02.gif

(For entering the mentorship as well as finishing your studies. Oh, and winning the Best Kurdt award too!)

Redbelly98 said:

AHAHAHA! We need a Best Avatar Guru award!

wait.. :uhh: what.. :bugeye: Whoa! :eek:

heehe hahhahhahaahhahha! :rofl:

took me a minute to process the new Red Belly look!

Thanks for the congrats, everybody. xox

Last edited:

Redbelly98 said:

(For entering the mentorship as well as finishing your studies. Oh, and winning the Best Kurdt award too!)

:rofl:

I like how you kept the earring!

1. What is MIH and why is it important for the Philosophy Forum?

MIH stands for "Mentor in Hypothesis" and it is an important program for the Philosophy Forum because it provides guidance and support for members who are interested in discussing and exploring philosophical topics. The MIH mentors are experienced members who help facilitate discussions and provide resources for members to deepen their understanding of philosophy.

2. How does one become a MIH mentor for the Philosophy Forum?

To become a MIH mentor for the Philosophy Forum, one must first be an active member of the forum and have a strong understanding of philosophical concepts and theories. The forum administrators will also consider the individual's communication skills and ability to facilitate discussions. Interested members can apply for the mentorship program and go through a selection process.

3. What are the responsibilities of a MIH mentor for the Philosophy Forum?

The main responsibilities of a MIH mentor for the Philosophy Forum include facilitating discussions, providing resources and guidance for members, and promoting a respectful and inclusive environment for philosophical discussions. Mentors may also be responsible for organizing and leading events or workshops related to philosophy.

4. Can anyone participate in the MIH program as a mentee?

Yes, anyone who is a member of the Philosophy Forum can participate in the MIH program as a mentee. The program is open to all members who are interested in learning more about philosophy and participating in discussions with other members. However, mentees are expected to follow the forum's rules and guidelines and show respect towards their fellow members.

5. Are there any fees associated with the MIH program for the Philosophy Forum?

No, there are no fees associated with the MIH program for the Philosophy Forum. The program is run by volunteers and is free for all members to participate in. However, some events or workshops organized by the MIH mentors may have a small fee to cover expenses, but participation in these activities is always optional.