Varible timed circuit cut off?

In summary, the conversation was about designing a variable timed circuit with a push to activate switch that would operate a motor for 1-3 seconds at 8.4-9.6v. The suggested solution was to use a power MOSFET and increase the timing capacitor size to adjust the ON time, based on a circuit example provided.
GreasyBob
im really drawing a blank on this one...

been a while since i done timers and its late!

im totally lost i need help designing a varible timed circuit cut off,
but it needs to be activated by a push to activate switch.

the timing on this literally needs to be 1-2 possibly even 3 seconds, to operate a motor,
and needs to be able to work time after time. its going to be running 8.4 to 9.6v

any help or pointing me in the right direction would really help

Engineering news on Phys.org

I would suggest looking into using a 555 timer integrated circuit. This is a commonly used component for creating variable timed circuits. You can use a potentiometer to adjust the timing to your desired range of 1-3 seconds. Additionally, you can use a relay or transistor to activate the motor once the timer reaches the desired time. It is important to make sure that the circuit is designed to handle the voltage range of 8.4-9.6V to ensure it can operate time after time without any issues. I would also recommend consulting a circuit design guide or seeking assistance from a professional in the field for further guidance.

1. What is a variable timed circuit cut off?

A variable timed circuit cut off is a type of electronic circuit that is designed to control the flow of electricity through a system by cutting off the current after a certain amount of time has passed. This is typically used in devices that require precise timing, such as timers or motor controllers.

2. How does a variable timed circuit cut off work?

A variable timed circuit cut off works by using a timer, such as an integrated circuit (IC) chip, to control the switching on and off of a transistor or other switching device. The timer is set to a specific time interval, and when the timer reaches that interval, it sends a signal to the switching device to cut off the flow of electricity.

3. What are the advantages of using a variable timed circuit cut off?

One of the main advantages of using a variable timed circuit cut off is that it allows for precise control over the timing of a circuit. This can be useful in applications where timing is critical, such as in electronic clocks or timers. Additionally, it can help to conserve energy by cutting off the flow of electricity when it is not needed.

4. What are the common applications of a variable timed circuit cut off?

A variable timed circuit cut off is commonly used in electronic devices that require precise timing, such as clocks, timers, and motor controllers. It can also be used in more complex systems, such as in industrial automation or in automotive systems.

5. How can I create a variable timed circuit cut off?

To create a variable timed circuit cut off, you will need to have a basic understanding of electronics and circuit design. You will also need to select the appropriate components, such as a timer IC, a switching device, and any necessary resistors or capacitors. It is recommended to follow a schematic or seek guidance from a professional to ensure the circuit is designed correctly and safely.