Source of Gravity: What Causes Attraction Between Masses?

In summary, the conversation is about the source of gravity and what causes the attractive forces between masses. The participants discuss the concept of matter causing a curvature in space-time and the ongoing research to understand this property of matter. However, no one has a definitive answer to this question.
jksanil
Hi.. Guys

I am New to this forum and ofcourse to physics.

During my course work i came across gravity saying it is Attractive forces between the Masses.

But what is the source of Gravity that is causing This attraction. what is there in the core of any planet.

Thanks in advance...

Physics news on Phys.org
jksanil said:
But what is the source of Gravity that is causing This attraction.
The attraction is between mass itself.
what is there in the core of any planet.
Buried treasure!

what is that caused attraction

jksanil said:
what is that caused attraction
Good question! (Not sure what kind of answer you're looking for, though.)

any answer

Any and all matter causes gravitational attraction.

According to general relativity, matter causes a local curvature in space-time. Other matter follows a geodesic path through space-time, which causes the two masses to approach each other.

What property of matter causes this curvature is the subject in intensive research.

jksanil said:
Hi.. Guys

I am New to this forum and ofcourse to physics.

During my course work i came across gravity saying it is Attractive forces between the Masses.

But what is the source of Gravity that is causing This attraction. what is there in the core of any planet.

Thanks in advance...

once again, what everyone is trying to tell you here is that no one actually knows the answer to your question. Not Stephen Hawking not Albert Einstein. NO ONE. They are hoping to figure some part of the answer out with the LHC and the search for higgs-boson fields and all that.

1. What is the source of gravity?

The source of gravity is the presence of mass. Any object that has mass will also have a gravitational pull on other objects with mass.

2. What causes attraction between masses?

The attraction between masses is caused by the force of gravity. This force is directly related to the mass of the objects and the distance between them.

3. How does gravity work?

Gravity works by pulling objects with mass towards each other. The strength of the gravitational force depends on the mass of the objects and the distance between them.

4. Is gravity a fundamental force?

Yes, gravity is considered one of the four fundamental forces in the universe. It is responsible for the attraction between all objects with mass.

5. Can gravity be explained by Einstein's theory of relativity?

Yes, Einstein's theory of relativity provides a more complete understanding of gravity by explaining how mass and energy affect the curvature of space-time, and how this curvature results in the force of gravity.