Modeling mathematical representation for music signal

In summary, the conversation discusses how to model the mathematical representation of a music signal in the time domain. The speaker is seeking guidance on whether to use a piecewise function or a computer software, specifically Fourier transformations, for this task.
asifadio
Hello there I am sorry if this sounds silly or out dated

i want to ask anyone, how can i model the mathematical representation from music signal(time domain).

lets say i recorded the signal from guitar through my music production software and print screen that signal as shown here upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/C_Envelope_follower.png

how do i model the mathematical representation for that graph? do i need to zoom in and separating that signal and find it one by one using piecewise function(since it is ADSR)?

or is there another way using computer software in signal processing to obtain the mathematical representation?

please help me
thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Look up Fourier transformations. This is a bigger chapter and cannot be answered quickly.

1. What is "Modeling mathematical representation for music signal"?

"Modeling mathematical representation for music signal" is a method used by scientists to create a mathematical model of music signals. This involves using mathematical equations and algorithms to represent the patterns and characteristics of music signals, such as pitch, rhythm, and timbre.

2. How is this method used in music research?

This method is used in music research to analyze and understand the underlying mathematical structure of music signals. It can also be used to create computer programs and algorithms that can generate and manipulate music signals.

3. What are the benefits of using mathematical modeling for music signals?

One of the main benefits is that it allows for a more precise and objective analysis of music signals. It also enables researchers to make predictions and create simulations of how music signals will behave under different conditions.

4. Are there any limitations to using this method?

While mathematical modeling can provide valuable insights into music signals, it is not a perfect representation of the complexities of music. It also requires a strong understanding of mathematical concepts and techniques, which may be a barrier for some researchers.

5. How is this method related to other fields of science?

The use of mathematical modeling for music signals is closely related to fields such as signal processing, computer science, and neuroscience. It also has applications in areas such as speech recognition and audio compression.