How Can I Build a Biomass Steam Generator Using Coco Shells?

In summary, the individual is seeking help in finding a sample of design and construction for a cocoshell feed steam generator. They are interested in using coco shells as a fuel source and potentially converting the steam to electricity. They are advised to research "used wood fired" steam generators and consider substituting coco shells for wood. It is also suggested to recycle the water for a more environmentally friendly solution.
Bong
Please help me, this is urgent. Anyone who has a sample of design and construction of a cocoshell feed steam generator? or site/s where i can find complete data in the design of the said steam generator?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I think you need to add a little more detail to your question.

Are you trying to burn a fuel to make heat for the production of steam?

It all depends on what you have in mind. If you are just trying to make steam, then build a coco shell fire and put a pot on it. The water boils to make steam. If you wish to convert this steam to electricity this is a little more complicated and dangerous. You will need to let the steam build up pressure, which requires stronger materials that won't rupture at high pressure. The steam pressure is released to drive the turbine, which will generate electricity. This cools the steam. To make it all more green friendly, one needs to recycle the water to lower your total energy and water requirements. If it was me I would google "used wood fired" steam generator. Then I would try to substitute coco shells for wood. The design parameters should be close.

1. What is a biomass steam generator?

A biomass steam generator is a device that uses biomass, such as wood, agricultural waste, or animal waste, to produce steam for heating or generating electricity. It is a renewable and sustainable alternative to traditional fossil fuel-based steam generators.

2. How does a biomass steam generator work?

A biomass steam generator works by burning biomass in a combustion chamber to produce heat, which is then used to boil water and create steam. The steam is then directed through a turbine to generate electricity or used for heating purposes.

3. What are the benefits of using a biomass steam generator?

There are several benefits to using a biomass steam generator, including reduced reliance on fossil fuels, lower greenhouse gas emissions, and the use of renewable and sustainable resources. It can also help reduce waste by using agricultural and animal waste as fuel.

4. What types of biomass can be used in a steam generator?

Various types of biomass can be used in a steam generator, including wood chips, sawdust, agricultural waste, and animal waste. The specific type of biomass used will depend on factors such as availability, cost, and the type of steam generator being used.

5. Are there any drawbacks to using a biomass steam generator?

While there are many benefits to using a biomass steam generator, there are also some drawbacks to consider. These can include higher upfront costs, as well as potential air pollution and emissions if the generator is not properly maintained or if low-quality biomass is used.