Does the sum of this rational function diverge with the Limit Comparison Test?

• Thread starter Bachelier
  • Start date
In summary, calculating different measurements and values require specific formulas and methods. To calculate the area of a rectangle, multiply the length by the width. For the volume of a cylinder, multiply the area of the base by the height. To find the average, add all numbers and divide by the total number of numbers. For the slope of a line, find the change in y values over the change in x values. And to calculate the standard deviation, find the square root of the variance, which is the average of squared differences from the mean.
Bachelier
sum n/(n^2 + 2 sqrt(n) + 9), n=0 to infinity

How do I prove it diverges?

Physics news on Phys.org
Try using the Limit Comparison Test with the harmonic series. Whenever you get a rational function, LCT is a good way to start. And wrong section?

How do I calculate the area of a rectangle?

To calculate the area of a rectangle, you need to multiply the length by the width. The formula for calculating area is A = l * w, where A is the area, l is the length, and w is the width.

How do I calculate the volume of a cylinder?

To calculate the volume of a cylinder, you need to multiply the area of the base by the height. The formula for calculating volume is V = π * r^2 * h, where V is the volume, π is pi (approximately 3.14), r is the radius of the base, and h is the height.

How do I calculate the average?

To calculate the average, you need to add all the numbers together and then divide by the total number of numbers. The formula for calculating average is sum of numbers / total number of numbers.

How do I calculate the slope of a line?

To calculate the slope of a line, you need to find the change in y values over the change in x values. The formula for calculating slope is (y2 - y1) / (x2 - x1), where (x1,y1) and (x2,y2) are two points on the line.

How do I calculate the standard deviation?

To calculate the standard deviation, you need to find the square root of the variance. The formula for calculating the standard deviation is √variance, where the variance is the average of the squared differences from the mean.