Can swimming in a dirty pool lead to giving birth to a frog?

• Thread starter Njorl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Swimming
In summary, the woman claims to have given birth to a frog. There is speculation that she unknowingly picked up the larva while she was swimming in a dirty pool, and that it is more likely a frog swam into her body and she expelled it.
Njorl
Science Advisor
Obviously she was cursed for infidelity with a Frenchman.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3844441.stm

An Iranian newspaper has reported the controversial story of a woman who claims to have given birth to a frog.
It has been speculated that the woman, who has not been named, unknowingly picked up the larva while she was swimming in a dirty pool.
Njorl

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I can't believe BBC has picked this up.

An Iranian newspaper has reported the controversial story of a woman who claims to have given birth to a frog.

Edit: Well...they do seem to be a mainstream news source. They are referenced frequently. Hmmm. I wonder what would happen if a princess kissed the frog?

Last edited:
Although highly unlikely,

it seems much more believable than some of the stories I've read in that rag (BBC Online - I know it was originally an Iranian newspaper article ) before...

eg. Justification for Iraq invasion, the "weapons of mass-destruction"...

Last edited:
ok, that is the funniest damned thing I think I've ever read.

But perhaps it is a sign of impending doom. It is the destructor, sent to destroy us wicked humans. It represents the new species, using the perfect god like frog to lead life into glory.

But uhh, wait a minute, aren't frogs tadpoles before they become frogs?

LOL. No way, it's more likely a frog swam into her body and she simply expelled it. I wonder if this woman has had a lot of children and maybe was swimming naked at the waiste, or had no underwear on while swimming fully clothed even. :rofl:

Geesh.

Not something you really want to spend to much time thinking about if its true that is :)

I will still swim nude next time I vist Vermont; in any of their lakes or rivers. Some of the most exqisite times of my life--swimming right up to a waterfall--oh yes, that time I had a dress on. Just jumped in in what I had on that day! :rofl:

1. How does a swimming pool work?

A swimming pool works by using a pump to circulate water through a filtration system, which removes debris and impurities. The filtered water is then returned to the pool through a series of jets or nozzles, creating a continuous flow.

2. How is the water in a swimming pool kept clean?

The water in a swimming pool is kept clean through the use of chemicals, such as chlorine, which helps kill bacteria and algae. The pool's filtration system also plays a crucial role in removing debris and keeping the water clean.

3. How often should a swimming pool be cleaned?

A swimming pool should be cleaned at least once a week to maintain proper chemical levels and remove debris. However, the frequency of cleaning may vary depending on usage and environmental factors, such as weather and surrounding vegetation.

4. Can swimming pool water make you sick?

Swimming pool water can potentially make you sick if it is not properly maintained. Bacteria and other contaminants can thrive in untreated or poorly treated pool water, causing illnesses such as skin infections and respiratory issues. It is important to regularly test and treat pool water to prevent these issues.

5. How can I make my swimming pool more energy-efficient?

To make a swimming pool more energy-efficient, you can invest in a pool cover to reduce evaporation and heat loss. Utilizing a variable-speed pump and LED pool lights can also help reduce energy consumption. Regular maintenance and cleaning of the pool's filtration system can also improve energy efficiency.