Critical velocity, pantograph & mechanics forums

In summary, the conversation focused on searching for information on calculating the critical velocity for a robot to pass over obstacles without falling, as well as designing a pantograph mechanism for lifting. The forum being discussed is the only one known by the participants that discusses mechanics, and they are interested in finding more.
iii
I search information about how to calculate the critical velocity that robot can run when the robot pass over the obstacle without to fall
Also I search information about how to design a pantograph mechanism for lifting
This forum is the only forum that I know about mechanics
I will glad to know about more forums that discuss in mechanics

Engineering news on Phys.org
iii said:
I search information about how to calculate the critical velocity that robot can run when the robot pass over the obstacle without to fall
Also I search information about how to design a pantograph mechanism for lifting
This forum is the only forum that I know about mechanics
I will glad to know about more forums that discuss in mechanics

Welcome to the PF. Your robotics question is not simple at all. Could you please provide a link to your research so far?

I will glad to revieve more comments

! - u - p - !

What is critical velocity?

Critical velocity, also known as critical speed, is the minimum speed at which an object must travel in order to maintain a stable motion. It is the point at which the centrifugal force acting on the object is equal to the centripetal force, resulting in a balanced and constant motion.

What is a pantograph?

A pantograph is a mechanical linkage device used to copy and scale drawings or documents. It consists of several linked bars that can be adjusted to maintain the same proportions as the original drawing while increasing or decreasing its size.

What is the role of mechanics forums?

Mechanics forums serve as online platforms for scientists, engineers, and enthusiasts to discuss and share knowledge about various topics related to mechanics, such as critical velocity and pantographs. These forums provide a space for individuals to ask questions, seek advice, and engage in discussions with others who share similar interests.

How do I calculate critical velocity?

The formula for calculating critical velocity is V = √(gR), where V is the critical velocity, g is the acceleration due to gravity, and R is the radius of the circular path. However, keep in mind that this formula assumes ideal conditions and may vary depending on the specific scenario.

Can a pantograph be used for other purposes?

While pantographs are primarily used for copying and scaling drawings, they can also be used for other purposes such as engraving, milling, and guiding the movement of robotic arms. They have also been used in the past for creating mechanical animations and even for musical performances.