Help ~I need the primers of porcine bcl-xs

• Thread starter cenzguo
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for primers of porcine bcl-xs for RT-PCR testing. The National Center for Biotechnology Information is suggested as a good source for gene sequence databases. However, the user may need to design their own primers using free programs available online. The issue is that there is no full gene sequence available for Bcl-xs.
cenzguo
help~~~~~I need the primers of porcine bcl-xs

I want to use RT-PCR to test the expression change of bcl-xs on swine. But I can't find the gene sequnece or primers. I will sincerely appreciate your help.

Biology news on Phys.org

The National Center for Biotechnology Information, which curates many sequence databases, would be a good place to search:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nucleotide/

For primers, you would likely have to design these yourself. There are many free programs available on the web to assist in PCR primer design (I've never done RT-PCR, so I don't know the specifics of primer design for that particular application).

Ygggdrasil said:
The National Center for Biotechnology Information, which curates many sequence databases, would be a good place to search:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nucleotide/

For primers, you would likely have to design these yourself. There are many free programs available on the web to assist in PCR primer design (I've never done RT-PCR, so I don't know the specifics of primer design for that particular application).[/QUOt

The problem is that there is no full gene sequence of Bcl-xs.

1. What is the sequence of porcine bcl-xs?

The sequence of porcine bcl-xs is not readily available as it can vary between individuals and can also be affected by experimental conditions. It is recommended to design primers based on the human or mouse bcl-xs sequence, which are highly conserved.

2. How can I obtain the primers for porcine bcl-xs?

The primers for porcine bcl-xs can be obtained through commercial suppliers or can be custom synthesized by a laboratory. It is important to ensure that the primers are designed based on the bcl-xs sequence of a closely related species, such as human or mouse.

3. What are the important considerations when designing primers for porcine bcl-xs?

When designing primers for porcine bcl-xs, it is important to consider the primer length, melting temperature, and GC content. It is also crucial to ensure that the primers do not have any complementary regions or self-annealing, as this can affect the specificity and efficiency of the amplification.

4. Can I use the same primers for porcine bcl-xs as for other species?

It is not recommended to use the same primers for porcine bcl-xs as for other species, as there can be variations in the sequence which can affect the specificity and efficiency of the amplification. It is important to design primers specifically for the bcl-xs sequence of the species of interest.

5. Can I use the primers for porcine bcl-xs in other applications besides PCR?

The primers for porcine bcl-xs can potentially be used in other applications that require amplification of the bcl-xs sequence, such as reverse transcription PCR or in situ hybridization. However, it is important to ensure that the primers are specific for the bcl-xs sequence and do not produce non-specific amplification.