Electronics/Electricity Introductory guide

• Thread starter Femme_physics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Introductory
In summary, the conversation revolved around the need for a good manual about electricity/electronics basics, specifically covering Kirchoff's laws, series/parallel circuits calculations, power/energy, and includes many worked problems. The conversation ended with a recommendation for a suitable manual and playful banter about its effectiveness.
Femme_physics
Gold Member
I need a good manual about electricity/electronics basics. One that goes for Kirchoff's laws, series/parallel circuits calculations, power/energy...etc. Again, the basics. and most importantly, has many worked problems. Can anyone recommend one?

Physics news on Phys.org
Femme_physics said:
I need a good manual about electricity/electronics basics. One that goes for Kirchoff's laws, series/parallel circuits calculations, power/energy...etc. Again, the basics. and most importantly, has many worked problems. Can anyone recommend one?

I found one! I found one!
Here it is:
511Poxp5UnL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Does it help you?

Oh, you're sooooooooooo dead. You don't even know how dead you are!

:devil:

It'll be painful, slow, and mildly enjoyable ;)

Femme_physics said:
Oh, you're sooooooooooo dead. You don't even know how dead you are! :devil:

It'll be painful, slow, and mildly enjoyable ;)

I'm enjoying it now, IMMENSELY.
So you're saying it becomes even better? :P

:rofl:

1. What is the difference between electronics and electricity?

Electronics is a subfield of electricity that deals with the control and manipulation of electrical signals for various purposes. Electricity, on the other hand, is the flow of electric charge through a conductor.

2. What are some common components used in electronics?

Some common components used in electronics include resistors, capacitors, diodes, transistors, and integrated circuits. These components are used to control and manipulate the flow of electricity in a circuit.

3. How does electricity power electronic devices?

Electricity powers electronic devices by providing the necessary energy for the flow of electrons through a circuit. This flow of electrons is controlled and manipulated by the electronic components in the device, allowing it to perform its intended function.

4. What is the role of voltage in electronics?

Voltage is the measure of electrical potential difference between two points in a circuit. In electronics, it is used to control the flow of electricity and determine the behavior of components in a circuit. Higher voltages can provide more power to a circuit, while lower voltages can be used for more delicate components.

5. How do I protect myself and my devices from electrical hazards?

To protect yourself and your devices from electrical hazards, it is important to follow safety precautions such as using insulated tools, wearing protective gear, and properly grounding all equipment. It is also important to regularly inspect and maintain your electronic devices to prevent potential hazards.