Efficiency of Pulley System for Finals: A Step-by-Step Guide | Help Needed!

• Thread starter SummerSweety30
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Finals
In summary, Crystal is seeking help for finals and specifically wants to know the formula for determining the efficiency of a pulley system. The conversation includes a discussion of the formula and possible typos in the given problem. Some participants also mention their upcoming finals and breaks.
SummerSweety30
HELP for finals PLEASE!

Can someone please quickly tell me how to determine the efficiency of this stupid pulley? I'm so lost :confused: at how to do it and finals are next week. Our set of books for our Principles of Technology class have to stay in the room and my teacher is grading the binder that has all my work in it! :grumpy: I've done most of the review on my own but I'm lost at what to do in these word problems... HELP! Here it is... Email me if you can...
Crystal

Find the efficiency of a pulley system that requires 30 Nm of work to life a 5kg box to a height of 3 m.

:bugeye:
I don't have to have the answer... If someone could post an example that would be great but I really just need to know the formula of how to do it. I'll post more as I need help... Thanks so much!

Physics news on Phys.org
I am thinking that since W = Fx = mgh so...
(5*9.8*3)/90 = 1.67

Hey hey hey

But how did you get that? our terms might be different because it says your in australia and I'm in Texas but still... Whats the formula..? I got to know it to take the tests you know? Thanks though... THats amazing...

Crystal

SummerSweety30 said:
Find the efficiency of a pulley system that requires 30 Nm of work to life a 5kg box to a height of 3 m.
The efficiency of a simple machine is defined as [work out]/[work in] X 100. The highest efficiency possible is 100 percent, if there is no friction, etc. I suspect you have a typo in your problem statement, since your numbers will give:
work output: mgh = 5 (9.8) 3 = 157 Nm
work input: 30 Nm

so: efficiency = 157/30 x 100 = 523 % ! :bugeye:
I don't think so... (Perhaps the work input was 300 Nm?)

i know this is offtopic but how dou have finals in december? when does the academic year start for u guys?

hi

I live in Texas over in the U.S. We have finals all next week... Then we have christmas break until January... Later

Crystal

Same here in college in quebec. We are finishing our first session with a week of exams

What is the best study method for finals?

The best study method for finals varies for each individual, but some common strategies include creating a study schedule, reviewing notes and materials regularly, practicing past exams, and seeking help from teachers or tutors if needed.

How can I manage my stress during finals week?

Managing stress during finals week is important for success. Some tips include getting enough sleep, eating well, taking breaks while studying, and practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or meditation.

Is it better to study alone or in a group for finals?

This also depends on the individual, but studying in a group can be beneficial as it allows for discussion and collaboration. However, some may find studying alone more effective as it allows for individual focus and pacing.

How can I stay motivated while studying for finals?

Staying motivated can be challenging during finals, but setting realistic goals, rewarding yourself for progress, and reminding yourself of the end goal can help keep motivation high. Additionally, studying in a quiet and organized environment can also help with focus and motivation.

What resources are available for help with finals preparation?

There are many resources available for help with finals preparation, such as study guides, online tutorials, review sessions, and academic support centers. It is also helpful to reach out to teachers or peers for additional help and clarification.