What Are Some Good Sites for Solving Math/Physics Problems by Hand?

• Thread starter Crake
  • Start date
In summary: For books, you can look for Problems in General Physics by I.E.Irodov. Its quite challenging.I just troll around google for pdfs of hw/exams from different universities... filetype:pdf/ps <topic> hw/ assignment/ lecturesThe Schaum series is good for practice too.
Crake
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a site like brilliant.org or better yet, projecteuler.net. This last one is directed to solving problems by using a computer.

I'm looking for a site like projecteuler, with problems answerable by hand/pencil.

Does anyone know of a site like that? It could also be a book, if there isn't any good site.

EDIT: This is not supposed to be on academic guidance. I already reported this thread, to be moved to the right forum.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Crake said:
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a site like brilliant.org or better yet, projecteuler.net. This last one is directed to solving problems by using a computer.

I'm looking for a site like projecteuler, with problems answerable by hand/pencil.

Does anyone know of a site like that? It could also be a book, if there isn't any good site.

EDIT: This is not supposed to be on academic guidance. I already reported this thread, to be moved to the right forum.

Pro tip: Universities in England are completely open, you can walk into any lecture, take copies of lecture notes / problem sheets, sit down and watch the lecture just like all the students who pay. The only downside being that you can't get a lecturer to mark your work (obviously) and you don't get a degree (obviously) but it's by far the best free way to get a 'university education'

Best of luck!

MathJakob said:
Pro tip: Universities in England are completely open, you can walk into any lecture, take copies of lecture notes / problem sheets, sit down and watch the lecture just like all the students who pay. The only downside being that you can't get a lecturer to mark your work (obviously) and you don't get a degree (obviously) but it's by far the best free way to get a 'university education'

Best of luck!

What? No. I'm already working on my "university education". I'm a physics major.

Crake said:
What? No. I'm already working on my "university education". I'm a physics major.

For books, you can look for Problems in General Physics by I.E.Irodov. Its quite challenging.

I just troll around google for pdfs of hw/exams from different universities...
filetype:pdf/ps <topic> hw/ assignment/ lectures

The Schaum series is good for practice too.

1. What types of math and physics problems are typically found on these sites?

These sites usually have a wide range of problems from various branches of mathematics and physics, including algebra, calculus, geometry, mechanics, and electromagnetism.

2. Are the problems on these sites suitable for all levels of education?

Yes, these sites usually have problems for all levels of education, from elementary school to university level. They may also have advanced problems for those interested in further challenges.

3. How can I access the solutions to the problems on these sites?

Many of these sites have solutions available for free, while some may require a subscription or payment. The solutions are usually provided in the form of step-by-step explanations or videos.

4. Can I submit my own math or physics problems to these sites?

Some of these sites have a feature for users to submit their own problems, while others only have problems created by the site's staff. If you have a problem you would like to submit, it is best to check the site's guidelines or contact the site's administrators.

5. Are the problems on these sites useful for exam preparation?

Yes, these sites can be a helpful resource for exam preparation as they have a variety of problems that cover different topics and difficulty levels. However, it is important to also practice with problems from textbooks and other sources to get a well-rounded understanding of the subject.