How to solve Eliashberg Equations?

• Thread starter leoant
  • Start date
In summary, the individual is seeking help in finding a program or package to solve the Eliashberg equations for interpreting superconductivity in MgB2. They have not been able to find any existing programs and are asking for links or references. Another individual suggests writing their own code or reaching out to authors of relevant papers to ask for their code.
leoant
Dear all:
Now I am try to interpret superconductivity in MgB2, its transition temperature can be get by solving Eliashberg Equations. However, I cann't find any porgram which can do this job, so can someone give me some links or package refer to solving Eliashberg Equations?
Thank you in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
As far as I know, most people write their own codes to solve the Eliashberg equation.

Zz.

Thank you for your reply,dear Zz. I also want to solve them by myself, but it seems to be an impossible task for me. So would you to give me some hints, clues or general method about how to solve this kind of equations? Or would you refer me to somebody who has done these work?

You could maybe try to look for papers where the equations popped up in phys. rev. b and email the authors and ask for the code from them.

1. What are Eliashberg equations?

Eliashberg equations are a set of equations used in the theory of superconductivity to describe the electron-phonon interaction and its effect on the superconducting state.

2. How do you solve Eliashberg equations?

The equations can be solved numerically using a variety of techniques, such as the iterative method or the Green's function approach.

3. What is the importance of solving Eliashberg equations?

Solving Eliashberg equations allows for a better understanding of the mechanisms behind superconductivity and can help in the development of new superconducting materials.

4. What are the challenges in solving Eliashberg equations?

One of the main challenges is accurately determining the values of the electron-phonon coupling constant and the superconducting gap parameter, as they can vary for different materials. Additionally, the equations are highly nonlinear and require a significant amount of computational resources to solve.

5. Are there any applications of Eliashberg equations beyond superconductivity?

Yes, Eliashberg equations have also been used in studies of other quantum many-body systems, such as Bose-Einstein condensates and strongly correlated materials.