Proving using calculus without trig identity

In summary, we are trying to prove that the derivative of F(x) is equal to 0 without using any trig identities. This can be done by using the chain rule and taking the derivative of the entire expression, without any need for trig or other tricks. However, requesting or sharing working for this question is not allowed at Physics Forums.
kebabs
Please I really need help with this homework question

Prove without trig identity that f`(x)=0 for

F(x)=Asin^2(Bx+C)+Acos^2(Bx+C)

Physics news on Phys.org
kebabs said:

You're not supposed to use the obvious identity that simplifies this? I suppose you could just use the derivatives of sin and cos along with the chain rule to directly compute the derivative. But eventually you'll need to simplify using some trig identity.

I can't use trig identy to solve it

I mean I'm not allowed to

kebabs said:

What is F'(x) if [itex]F(x)=A\sin^2(Bx+C)+A\cos^2(Bx+C)\,?[/itex]

SteveL27 said:
You're not supposed to use the obvious identity that simplifies this? I suppose you could just use the derivatives of sin and cos along with the chain rule to directly compute the derivative. But eventually you'll need to simplify using some trig identity.
Are you sure? I was able to get F'(x) = 0 by using the chain rule, and yet I didn't use any trig identity.

could you please send me your working for this question??

It's really simple - just use chain rule to take the d/dx of the whole expression. No trig or any other kinds of tricks necessary. Are you familiar with the use of chain rule?

kebabs said:
could you please send me your working for this question??
This is not permitted at Physics Forums - don't even ask.

What is "Proving using calculus without trig identity"?

"Proving using calculus without trig identity" is a mathematical process that involves using calculus principles to prove a trigonometric equation or identity, without using any trigonometric identities.

Why would someone use calculus instead of trig identities to prove a trigonometric equation?

Using calculus allows for a more general and rigorous proof, as it relies on the fundamental principles of calculus rather than specific trigonometric identities that may not be applicable in all cases. Additionally, it can provide a deeper understanding of the underlying concepts behind trigonometry.

What are some common calculus techniques used in proving without trig identities?

Some common techniques used in proving without trig identities include using the derivative of trigonometric functions, applying the fundamental theorem of calculus, and using integration by substitution.

Is proving using calculus without trig identity more difficult than using trig identities?

It depends on the specific problem and the individual's knowledge and understanding of calculus and trigonometry. In some cases, proving without trig identities may be more straightforward, while in others it may be more challenging.

Can proving using calculus without trig identity be applied to all trigonometric equations and identities?

Yes, as long as the equation or identity can be expressed in terms of trigonometric functions, it can be proven using calculus techniques.