Nailed foot before, and now burnt torso

• Thread starter heartless
  • Start date
In summary, the young individual went to a water amusement park and sunbathed. They got some yellow bubbles on their shoulders and partially on the back. They tried to pop the bubbles with a toothpick, but there were so many of them, they got bored quickly. The skin on their shoulders and back was burning, roasting, and hurt. The young individual was nauseous and threw up. They were having a headache and felt sick. The young individual went to the hospital because their skin was boiling and they were having a head ache. The young individual also went to the hospital because they were sunburned and their skin was yellow. The young individual should use sun-screen and drink lots of liquids. The young individual should also
heartless
Hello everyone :)

I again need you golden help, and advise. It slowly becomes a custom for me to get something wrong with my body every month. I went to a water amusement park yesterday, and I exposed my body a little bit too much to the sun. I was alright yesterday. My usual skin color is bright (white, very white) and know it's red, dark red. The problem is that I got some yellow bubbles on my shoulders and partially on the back. I tried to stab these up a little with a toothpick, but there is so many of them, I quickly got bored. My skin is burning, roasting and hurts. I can't put my shirt on. Help me!

/sorry/ I forgot to add that today in the morning I head a nausea, and I threw up. And I'm having a head ache right now, and I very rarely either throw up or get a head ache.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I hear a warm(not hot owwww!) Bath is good for sunburn for a while afterwards, also creams such as E45( a bit like vaseline but without the perfume) also helps the aftermath, keep the skin moisturised as with any burn, and don't whatever you do go out in the sun unless you look like an Innuit. Vampirism is herditary :biggrin: bad luck.

heartless said:

I again need you golden help, and advise. It slowly becomes a custom for me to get something wrong with my body every month. I went to a water amusement park yesterday, and I exposed my body a little bit too much to the sun. I was alright yesterday. My usual skin color is bright (white, very white) and know it's red, dark red. The problem is that I got some yellow bubbles on my shoulders and partially on the back. I tried to stab these up a little with a toothpick, but there is so many of them, I quickly got bored. My skin is burning, roasting and hurts. I can't put my shirt on. Help me!

I used to use Solarcaine spray for a bad sunburn. It is a topical anesthetic(lidocaine) spray. I like the spray because you don't have to touch your skin to apply it.

Go to the hospital.

I haven't even read your post.

If you have yellow bubbles, then you done serious damage to your skin. Do not pop them, or you risk infection. You might need antibiotic ointment on the blisters you popped. Wash your hands and try not to touch the skin that is broken.

You should see a doctor with that severe of a sunburn.

Aloe Vera creams and Vitamin-E are good topical agents to help the skin heal and keep moist. Take multivitamins, particularly Vitamin E.

Next time use sun-screen - SPF 20+.

:rofl: This kid cracks me up! I was sunbathing yesterday and my back is red, but this kid managed to boil his skin! :uhh:

cyrusabdollahi said:
:rofl: This kid cracks me up! I was sunbathing yesterday and my back is red, but this kid managed to boil his skin! :uhh:

Sunbathing? Wuss

Pengwuino said:
Sunbathing? Wuss

Or a ginger? Or a vampire, or albino, oh you guys are just so cruel :rofl:

Heartless, I'm seriously beginning to suspect that you should be incarcerated for your own safety.

Danger said:
Heartless, I'm seriously beginning to suspect that you should be incarcerated for your own safety.

Agreed...

Pengwuino said:
Go to the hospital.

I haven't even read your post.

lol... :rofl: :rofl:
friggen dying here

Drink lots of liquids...the headache and nausea could be simple dehydration. That used to happen to me all the time going to amusement parks as a kid (the dehydration part). You just don't pay attention to what you're eating and drinking, and are so busy going on rides, you forget.

As for the sunburn, ouch! I've done that one too, once. I also have very pale skin that burns easily. Leave the blisters alone so you don't get them infected. You can try a topical antibiotic ointment on the ones you already popped, but as long as it's not more extensive than your shoulders and a little of your back, you should be okay. There really isn't much else to do other than wait for time to heal it...you're going to peel like a lizard soon enough, and then you're just going to ITCH! So, you might want to plan ahead and get some creams for the itching, but don't put anything on it yet (you can use something like Solarcaine, which contains a mild topical anesthetic to make it feel better, but even that won't do much). Cool showers and loose cotton t-shirts are about all you can really do. Change the t-shirt a few times a day, especially once the blisters start breaking open...they'll start oozing a bit. It's normal for such a bad sunburn, and mostly you just want to keep the area clean, and drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.

Next time you go to a waterpark, or any other outdoor activity, wear lots of waterproof sunblock and reapply it every hour or so (if your skin is as pale as mine, applying it just once won't be enough), and a t-shirt when you're not in the water.

If the headache and nausea doesn't go away with drinking more water, you should call your regular doctor and ask if they recommend you make an appointment or just keep doing what you're doing. When I had that bad of a sunburn as a kid, I went to the doctor, and they told me there wasn't anything they could do. :rolleyes: But, they might still want to take a look and make sure it's not getting infected.

Last edited:
heartless said:

/sorry/ I forgot to add that today in the morning I head a nausea, and I threw up. And I'm having a head ache right now, and I very rarely either throw up or get a head ache.

Back where I came from we used to always rough those out. Every beginning of every summer we'd get burned, live with the pain for a bit then just keep goin to the beach every day. It stops hurting after a while :smile:

Pengwuino said:
Sunbathing? Wuss

Do you need a dictionary? Can I help it if I am tall dark and handsome; meanwhile, your a short, dimwitted, birdbrain?

Thanks everyone for words.

Schrodinger's Dog said:
I hear a warm(not hot owwww!) Bath is good for sunburn for a while afterwards, also creams such as E45( a bit like vaseline but without the perfume) also helps the aftermath, keep the skin moisturised as with any burn, and don't whatever you do go out in the sun unless you look like an Innuit. Vampirism is herditary :biggrin: bad luck.

I take cold showers, these feel amazingly good for a while. Can I stand in sun in a shirt? or ride a bicycle while sun's shining over my head? Will these cause any problems. I'm only half a vampire :biggrin:

Larkspur said:
I used to use Solarcaine spray for a bad sunburn. It is a topical anesthetic(lidocaine) spray. I like the spray because you don't have to touch your skin to apply it.

I have a Dermplast, pain relieving spray, I'd spray my back and shoulders every several hours. I also have an aloe vera cream. Though I'm not really sure that any of them helps. Did Solarcaine help when you'd burnt your skin?

Astronuc said:
If you have yellow bubbles, then you done serious damage to your skin. Do not pop them, or you risk infection. You might need antibiotic ointment on the blisters you popped. Wash your hands and try not to touch the skin that is broken.

You should see a doctor with that severe of a sunburn.

Aloe Vera creams and Vitamin-E are good topical agents to help the skin heal and keep moist. Take multivitamins, particularly Vitamin E.

Next time use sun-screen - SPF 20+.

I don'y have to pop them anymore. THey alone are popping on my shoulders and I have some yellow stuff all over my back, and chest. What is it by the way? I also have an Aloe Vera cream, and anti-pain spray. Are Centrum Performance multivitamins good? Aren't these vitamins dead already? Often high temperatures during preparation may kill vitamins. Is it true? Yeah, that's what a lot of people had been telling me today, to use uv filters (sun-screen). I didn't know that such things even exist. You know, I don't like sun, beaches, waterparks, etc. And I rarely expose myself or go to any. I've been a few times on a beach in my life, and all that was because of being forced to go, due to entire family meetings, uncle's visits etc. I didn't know about creams, filters and things like that until this point. Now I'm sure, everytime I would go to the beach, I will put these creams and filters on myself, though I think there won't be too many times. Now I hate beaches and waterparks even more! Thanks for good words Astronuc!

Cyrus said:
This kid cracks me up! I was sunbathing yesterday and my back is red, but this kid managed to boil his skin!

Your back can't possibly be red. As far as I remember, you said you are from Turdikistan (or something like that) and that ought to be somewhere near pakistan, and paks have dark skin color, so there isn't a chance for your skin to turn brighter at 100 degrees. In fact, it won't even change a color :tongue:

Penguin said:
Go to the hospital.

Are you so pathetic you go to a hospital everytime your body gets just slightly irritated? Come on, just gimme some home-made master ways of treating burnt skin super rapidly while leaving pain out in the bushes.

Danger said:

Would I spend entire life in carcer just to keep myself safe from minor body domages? I think I will start studying some nutritional treaments of different health problems, before I do myself anymore domage. What do you think?

FrogPad said:
friggen dying here

And yet you're still able to write this message. You better call an ambulance before you die boy :tongue2:

Wise Moonbear said:
Drink lots of liquids [...]
...and make sure it's not getting infected.

Thanks Moonbear. I can always count on your help and brilliant advices.
I don't have much to say here, because you explained everything I need to know. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help. http://www.crossmedia.com.hk/f/style_emoticons/default/kiss.gif

Physics_Wiz said:
Back where I came from we used to always rough those out. Every beginning of every summer we'd get burned, live with the pain for a bit then just keep goin to the beach every day. It stops hurting after a while

Well, was it worth it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your back can't possibly be red. As far as I remember, you said you are from Turdikistan (or something like that) and that ought to be somewhere near pakistan, and paks have dark skin color, so there isn't a chance for your skin to turn brighter at 100 degrees. In fact, it won't even change a color

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! That's right, I am brown, dark doo-doo brown. Actually, my skin changes color depending on my diet. I'm impressed that you remembered! :rofl: :cry:

You and yomamma are too much.

To Pengwuino said:
Are you so pathetic you go to a hospital everytime your body gets just slightly irritated? Come on, just gimme some home-made master ways of treating burnt skin super rapidly while leaving pain out in the bushes.

:rofl: Your killing me! :cry:

Last edited:
heartless said:
Well, was it worth it?

Of course, that's why we kept on doing it every summer :biggrin:

cyrusabdollahi said:
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! That's right, I am brown, dark doo-doo brown. Actually, my skin changes color depending on my diet.
That's a neat trick. You're kinda like a mood ring.

heartless said:

Note how i didn't read your post, i just read the name of the original poster :biggrin:

heartless said:
Would I spend entire life in carcer just to keep myself safe from minor body domages? I think I will start studying some nutritional treaments of different health problems, before I do myself anymore domage. What do you think?
Your mastery of the language never ceases to amaze me. :tongue:

Ha this happens to me a few times every summer. I am ghostly white, it's pathetic really, I'm suprised I don't glow in the dark. Last summer I was burnt so badly that my mom forced me to go to the pharmacy to get some special cream stuff, the pharmacist saw me and told me to get to the doctor right now, I got to the doctor and well he freaked out a little. Anyway after he just ended up sending me back to the pharmacist again and told me to get a special sunburn cream...if you go to a pharmacy and ask for it they should know what you mean. And as for feeling sick, you probably gave yourself sun stroke...I am well aquainted with this as well :( Ah the joys of being pale.

Danger said:
heartless said:
Your mastery of the language never ceases to amaze me.
Me too. No doubt, heartless is referring to the only known prison of Ancient Rome - the carcer. Very few people were actully held in prison by the Romans - you mostly got exiled or sent to the Arena. So heartless is really saying he'd rather take on the lions than suffer the relative safety of prison.

And more than likely, 'domage' was just a typo for the French 'dommage' for 'shame'.

It takes a while to decipher the true meaning of the words, but once you do, it's like reading the bard himself! Bring tears to your eyes.

Gokul43201 said:
Me too. No doubt, heartless is referring to the only known prison of Ancient Rome - the carcer. Very few people were actully held in prison by the Romans - you mostly got exiled or sent to the Arena. So heartless is really saying he'd rather take on the lions than suffer the relative safety of prison.

And more than likely, 'domage' was just a typo for the French 'dommage' for 'shame'.

It takes a while to decipher the true meaning of the words, but once you do, it's like reading the bard himself! Bring tears to your eyes.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That was the funniest thing I've heard since the last funniest thing I've heard

Math Is Hard said:
That's a neat trick. You're kinda like a mood ring.

Hey!1 Those things are cool!11 Ivan got one for me once. When I was in a good mood, it turned blue - and when I was in a bad mood, it left a great big freakin' red mark on Ivan's forehead!1 :wink:

If you manage to do that much damage to your skin you should REALLY go see a doctor. First to get some antibiotics, and possibly other stuff. And 2nd to check for SKIN CANCER!

Tsu said:
Hey!1 Those things are cool!11 Ivan got one for me once. When I was in a good mood, it turned blue - and when I was in a bad mood, it left a great big freakin' red mark on Ivan's forehead!1 :wink:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gelsamel Epsilon said:
If you manage to do that much damage to your skin you should REALLY go see a doctor. First to get some antibiotics, and possibly other stuff. And 2nd to check for SKIN CANCER!
:uhh: You're not going to develop skin cancer the same day as the burn. That is a long-term concern though. If he had said his entire upper body was burnt and blistering, I'd tell him to get to a doctor, but if it's mostly just his shoulders, the doctor isn't going to do anything (they might be able to prescribe a cream with a stronger dose of anesthetic in it to soothe the pain a bit more, but that's not going to help it heal any faster). He was just on antibiotics for the foot injury (maybe he still is anyway...that wasn't that long ago), so unless he really needs them, going on antibiotics again so soon after is not particularly good for his stomach, and could start selecting antibiotic resistant bacteria.

As a caveat...if the headache didn't go away after drinking plenty of water yesterday, he should call his doctor today.

For those saying they get badly sunburnt several times a summer, or once every year...STOP IT! Use sunblock, stay in the shade when you can, and keep covered up...you're really setting yourself up for skin cancer with that much repeated UV damage (even one bad sunburn can be enough, but repeatedly doing it is even worse). Besides, it'll also leave you all wrinkled at an early age to keep damaging your skin that much.

my mother is a dermatology nurse, and she keeps going on about how everytim you get sunburn you increase your risk of getting skin cancer by 10 fold (?) so stay out of the sun.

Heartless, I agree with Moonbear regarding fluids. A second degree burn, which is what you have, does produce dehydration due to the burn wound, in addition to water loss from perspiration and through normal respiration. If one does not drink fluids while outside, one will usually get dehyrdated.
I don't have to pop them anymore. They alone are popping on my shoulders and I have some yellow stuff all over my back, and chest. What is it by the way? I also have an Aloe Vera cream, and anti-pain spray. Are Centrum Performance multivitamins good? Aren't these vitamins dead already? Often high temperatures during preparation may kill vitamins. Is it true? Yeah, that's what a lot of people had been telling me today, to use uv filters (sun-screen). I didn't know that such things even exist. You know, I don't like sun, beaches, waterparks, etc. And I rarely expose myself or go to any.
The yellow blisters are filled with fluid from destroyed cells from radiation damage (second degree burn), and the liquid contains serum from the blood system. This type of damage indicates a severe sunburn, equivalent to a second degree burn. The outer skin cells have been destroyed and the skin will peel.

One cream for second degree burns is - Silvadene - but must be obtained by prescription. Otherwise find an over-the-counter topical antibiotic cream or spray at a pharmacy.

See -
http://www.webmd.com/hw/health_guide_atoz/sig59130.asp

http://www.coolnurse.com/sunburn.htm
Most sunburns are first-degree burns that cause the skin to become red, warm and tender to the touch. Second-degree burns are a more serious burn and can cause severe swelling, reddening, pain and blisters. Blisters are a sign that the burn has gone deeper than just the surface layer of the skin and has caused damage and the release of fluids from the cells in the lower layers of the skin. This results in bad blisters and breaks in the skin where bacteria and other organisms can enter. This is not a good situation and a person with a burn this badly should get some medical attention.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003227.htm

Centrum multivitamins are OK, but vitamins do have a limited shelf-life. One can buy Vitamin-E capsules. Break one or more and rub the liquid into the skin, but only on areas where the skin is not broken. Allow the ruptured blisters to heal for a few days.

One only needs to take proper precautions when exposed to sunlight, of which UV is part of the spectrum.

I grew up on the beach as a child, so my skin adapted and I usually get very tan. I have gotten sunburn, so I use sunscreen beginning in the spring and during the summer. As my skin darkens, I need less sunscreen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
As a caveat...if the headache didn't go away after drinking plenty of water yesterday, he should call his doctor today.

For those saying they get badly sunburnt several times a summer, or once every year...STOP IT! Use sunblock, stay in the shade when you can, and keep covered up...you're really setting yourself up for skin cancer with that much repeated UV damage (even one bad sunburn can be enough, but repeatedly doing it is even worse). Besides, it'll also leave you all wrinkled at an early age to keep damaging your skin that much.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and they laughed at me for saying he should go to hte hospital!

Pengwuino said:
Note how i didn't read your post, i just read the name of the original poster :biggrin:
That's why I was laughing, not the suggestion itself.

Danger said:
That's why I was laughing, not the suggestion itself.

Heartless didn't get it :biggrin:

Moonbear said:

I always wear sunblock but unfortunately until they invent spf 1000 I will still burn badly. Yes I am that pale :(

Not only do you have to worry about sunburn, but in the heat we're having a lot of places, you can get heat stroke.

scorpa said:
I always wear sunblock but unfortunately until they invent spf 1000 I will still burn badly. Yes I am that pale :(
You have to keep reapplying...that number just means it'll protect you that many times longer than the amount of time you can normally stay out in the sun without sunblock, so when you can only last about 5 min before turning crispy, that SPF 45 only gives you a couple hours before turning crispy, and way less if you're sweating it off.

I'm the same way, and have learned from experience to reapply it at least every hour if I'm out in the sun all day, and every time I get out of the water if I'm swimming. I was sitting next to another co-worker one day, and he commented that I really needed to get out and get some sun...compared to his tanned skin, I looked like I was glowing white. That's when I rolled up my sleeve and showed my tan line on my arm...that WAS tan! :rolleyes:

1. What are the common causes of a nailed foot?

There are several possible causes of a nailed foot, including stepping on a sharp object, having a nail or other object accidentally pierce the foot, or a traumatic injury such as a fall or accident.

2. How should a nailed foot be treated?

If the nail is still embedded in the foot, it is important to seek medical attention to have it safely removed. The wound should then be thoroughly cleaned and bandaged. If there is excessive bleeding or signs of infection, a doctor should be consulted.

3. What are the common causes of a burnt torso?

A burnt torso can be caused by a number of factors, including exposure to fire or extreme heat, contact with a hot object, or exposure to certain chemicals. In some cases, it may also be the result of a serious medical condition such as a severe allergic reaction or nerve damage.

4. How should a burnt torso be treated?

The first step in treating a burnt torso is to remove any clothing or jewelry that may be covering the burned area. The burn should then be cooled with cool (not cold) water for at least 10 minutes. If the burn is severe or covers a large area, medical attention should be sought immediately.

5. What are the potential long-term effects of a nailed foot or burnt torso?

The long-term effects of a nailed foot or burnt torso will depend on the severity of the injury and how it is treated. In some cases, there may be scarring or nerve damage that can cause ongoing pain or mobility issues. It is important to seek proper medical treatment and follow any recommended aftercare to minimize potential long-term effects.