Decoding the Human Penile Gland: Understanding Sensitivity and Pain

• Medical
  • Thread starter yeeyee
  • Start date
In summary, the penile glans is not a gland but the head of the penis, covered by skin. It has a high concentration of nerve endings, specifically from the dorsal nerve of the penis and cavernous nerves of the penis. This makes it a highly sensitive area, which explains why it can be painful when exposed to salt or other irritants.
yeeyee
GeorginaS said:
Sting? Smart? Hurt? Or, yes, burn?

I made that question because [pppsssss MoonBear or any moderator, I am not talking dirt around here..] I'd like to understand what kinds of muscle fibers make up human penile gland. My neighbor once had some salt over it and he just yelled, screamt for hours. I am truthful!

Biology news on Phys.org

yeeyee said:
I made that question because [pppsssss MoonBear or any moderator, I am not talking dirt around here..] I'd like to understand what kinds of muscle fibers make up human penile gland. My neighbor once had some salt over it and he just yelled, screamt for hours. I am truthful!

Lol... the urethra, just inside the meatus (tip), is a mucous membrane, so it is sensitive.

The penile glans has the highest concentration of nerve endings in the male's body, so it is no wonder why it is so sensitive.

Okay, a few terminology issues to deal with first.

The glans penis is not a "gland." It is the head of the penis, which is a continuation of the corpus spongiosum muscle, and in uncircumcised men is covered by the prepuce (foreskin). However, the muscle has nothing to do with pain sensation on the external portion of the penis, as that is covered by skin.

There is indeed a high amount of innervation to that area, primarily from the dorsal nerve of the penis, which is a branch from the pudendal nerve. The rest of the penis also receives innervation from cavernous nerves of the penis (into the corpus cavernosum muscle) which are branches off of the prostatic plexus of nerves.

What is the human penile gland and why is it important?

The human penile gland, also known as the glans penis, is the sensitive and highly innervated tip of the penis. It is important for sexual pleasure and is a key component in achieving orgasm.

What is the role of the human penile gland in sexual sensitivity and pain?

The human penile gland is responsible for detecting and transmitting sensations of pleasure and pain during sexual activity. Its sensitivity allows for heightened pleasure, but can also lead to pain if overstimulated or not properly cared for.

How does the human penile gland contribute to sexual dysfunction?

If the human penile gland is not functioning properly, it can lead to sexual dysfunction such as erectile dysfunction or difficulty achieving orgasm. It is important to understand the sensitivity and pain associated with this gland in order to address and treat any potential issues.

What factors can affect the sensitivity and pain of the human penile gland?

The sensitivity and pain experienced in the human penile gland can be influenced by a variety of factors such as age, health, sexual practices, and psychological factors. It is important to understand these factors in order to maintain a healthy and pleasurable sexual experience.

What are some ways to care for and maintain the sensitivity of the human penile gland?

Proper hygiene, avoiding rough or excessive stimulation, and using lubrication during sexual activity are some ways to care for the human penile gland and maintain its sensitivity. Communication with sexual partners and seeking medical advice for any concerns can also help in preserving the sensitivity of this gland.