Can anyone help me with modelling a control system for a RCL circuit?

In summary, Jimbo is looking for tutorials on modelling control systems and converting a RCL circuit to a control system. They understand the mathematical components but are unsure of the steps to create a thorough model. Sridhar suggests trying the tutorial from the University of Michigan's Center for the Study of Complex Systems and using the transfer function method to design a control system.
Jimbo
Hi

I was wondering if anyone knew of any good tutorials on modelling control systems - I have to convert a RCL circuit to a control system - i understand things like how to express components mathmatically but am confused as to steps I should take to make sure I do a thorough model?

Any info much appreciated

Jimbo

Engineering news on Phys.org
Try this one:

http://www.engin.umich.edu/group/ctm/

If you need to taylor any of the examples to your specific problem, remember that there are analogies between inertial systems and electrical systems.

Try finding out the transfer function of ur RLC ckt by calculating the V0(s)/Vi(s). Then use this as ur transfer function, G(s), then, using the inputs design ut control system with or without a feedback...

Hope u got it...
Sridhar

1. What is control system modelling?

Control system modelling is the process of creating mathematical representations of the behavior of a physical system or process in order to design and analyze control systems for that system. It involves creating mathematical models that describe the relationships between inputs, outputs, and internal states of the system.

2. Why is control system modelling important?

Control system modelling is important because it allows us to predict the behavior of a system under different conditions, and design control systems that can achieve desired outcomes. It also helps us understand and analyze the performance of existing control systems and identify areas for improvement.

3. What are the different types of control system models?

The three main types of control system models are: empirical models, which are based on experimental data and do not require knowledge of the system dynamics; analytical models, which use mathematical equations to represent the system dynamics; and simulation models, which use computer software to simulate the behavior of the system.

4. What are the main steps involved in control system modelling?

The main steps involved in control system modelling are: defining the system and its objectives, collecting data and identifying key inputs and outputs, selecting an appropriate model type, developing the mathematical model, validating the model against experimental data, and using the model to design and analyze control systems.

5. What are some common challenges in control system modelling?

Some common challenges in control system modelling include: dealing with complex and nonlinear systems, obtaining accurate and representative data, selecting appropriate model parameters, and ensuring the model accurately represents the real system. Additionally, control system models may need to be updated and adjusted as the system evolves or new data becomes available.