Enhance Your Site with a Cluster Map from ClustrMaps.com

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of incorporating a feature from ClustrMaps into the site, specifically a map that shows where visitors are from. The idea is met with mixed opinions, with some members not wanting to know where others are from and others emphasizing the unity of humanity beyond geographical borders. The conversation also touches on the potential privacy concerns for members from repressive societies. Overall, opinions vary but the conversation remains civil and respectful.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
By any chance can the feature here:
http://www.clustrmaps.com/

be incoporated into the site?

Physics news on Phys.org
How about I just tell you the top five or so countries where people are from? :)

This may sound odd, but I'd just as soon not know.
I like the feeling of "we are all one river"
with little emphasis on or awareness of region.
So personally I might just ignore such a map.

Peter Paul&Mary have this song:

There is only one river
There is only one sea
And it flows through you
And it flows through me
We are only one people
We are one in the same
We are all one spirit
We are all one name...

Last edited:
Well, I was just curious how many people from my country are visiting the forums.

Anyway I don't believe it's a hassle to add this feature, right?

MathematicalPhysicist said:
Anyway I don't believe it's a hassle to add this feature, right?

My argument against it is that I already know where PF's visitors come from. If you want some information on such things PM me and I will see what I can dig up.

Greg Bernhardt said:
How about I just tell you the top five or so countries where people are from? :)

My guess would be

1) USA
2) Canada
3) UK
4) Germany
5) Australia

:tongue2:

micromass said:
My guess would be

1) USA
2) Canada
3) UK
4) Germany
5) Australia

:tongue2:
Nice! Except #4 is India and Germany is then #6.

Greg Bernhardt said:
My argument against it is that I already know where PF's visitors come from. If you want some information on such things PM me and I will see what I can dig up.

Lol, I'll PM you later on.

Bear in mind that some forum members or lurkers might not want to have people know where they are posting or viewing from. And not just an issue of privacy. In some countries, it is possible to become an "enemy of the state" by espousing ideas contrary to the "official" party line.

I don't know how many posters we get with IP addresses located in repressive societies, but if they wander over to P&WA and make their opinions known, they could be in trouble back at home.

marcus said:
This may sound odd, but I'd just as soon not know.
I like the feeling of "we are all one river"
with little emphasis on or awareness of region.
So personally I might just ignore such a map.

Peter Paul&Mary have this song:

There is only one river
There is only one sea
And it flows through you
And it flows through me
We are only one people
We are one in the same
We are all one spirit
We are all one name...

:smile:

Greg Bernhardt said:
My argument against it is that I already know where PF's visitors come from.

Do you know what flavor gum I'm chewing?

Greg Bernhardt said:
The flavor of beauty.

:!) you sure know how to sweet talk...

1. What is a Cluster Map from ClustrMaps.com?

A Cluster Map from ClustrMaps.com is a tool that allows website owners to add an interactive map to their site, displaying the locations of their visitors. It uses data from Google Analytics to create a visual representation of where site traffic is coming from.

2. How does a Cluster Map work?

When a website owner signs up for a Cluster Map from ClustrMaps.com, they are given a unique code to add to their site. This code integrates with Google Analytics to track visitor locations and display them on the map. The map is updated in real-time, so visitors can see the most recent data.

3. Can anyone use a Cluster Map from ClustrMaps.com?

Yes, anyone with a website can use a Cluster Map from ClustrMaps.com. It is a free service and does not require any technical skills to set up. However, some website builders may have limitations on adding custom code, so it's best to check with your website platform before attempting to add a Cluster Map.

4. Are there any benefits to using a Cluster Map?

Yes, there are several benefits to using a Cluster Map from ClustrMaps.com. It can provide valuable insights into your website's traffic, showing you which countries, regions, and cities your visitors are coming from. This information can help you target your audience and tailor your content accordingly.

5. Is a Cluster Map from ClustrMaps.com secure?

Yes, a Cluster Map from ClustrMaps.com is secure. The tool only displays the general location of visitors, not their exact address or personal information. Additionally, ClustrMaps.com has strict privacy policies in place to protect user data.