Downloading Books for Sony eBook Reader from Chapters/Indigo

• Thread starter DaveC426913
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about how to download content from chapters or Indigo using a library app. The person had bought a book compatible with Kobo and was currently downloading Kobo Library for Windows. They were disappointed with Sony's library and were discussing other options such as Nook or Kindle. The suggestion of using Calibre, an open source ebook library, was brought up. It was later discovered that the app needed was Adobe Digital Editions, but the library was still confusing and had a limited selection.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
Anyone know how to get it to download content from chapters or Indigo?

Seems I have to use some sort of library app on my laptop but not sure what app it is or where to get it.

I bought a book that's compatible with Kobo. Currently downloading Kobo Library for Windows because I don't know what else to get.I'm pretty disappointed with Sony's library; I checked before purchasing that it had dozens of books by my favorite authors, but I didn't double-check that any of the those books are new releases. So I can only get books that have been out as hardcovers for a while. :grumpy:

Computer science news on Phys.org
Does this help?
http://community.indigo.ca/posts/Digital-Books-Devices/group-1243/602725.html [Broken]

Curious why you decided on the Sony reader vs Nook or Kindle.

Last edited:
Use Calibre an open source ebook library... irrelevant which reader you have it translates them.
google it...
Voleure

Greg Bernhardt said:
Does this help?
Curious why you decided on the Sony reader vs Nook or Kindle.
When I went looking for a Nook, I found a iPadesque lit screen device instead an eInk device.
When I went looking for a Kindle I found a button device instead of a touchscreen device.

I guess I should have looked a little more carefully, since they now both seem to have versions that meet my criteria.

Turns out the app I need is Adobe Digital Editions. Still, the library is very confusing to use and its selection is very small.

I've managed to get one book from it but don't really know how I did it.

1. How do I download books for my Sony eBook Reader from Chapters/Indigo?

To download books for your Sony eBook Reader from Chapters/Indigo, you will need to first create an account on the Chapters/Indigo website. Once you have an account, you can browse their selection of eBooks and purchase the ones you want. After purchasing, you can download the eBook file and transfer it to your Sony eBook Reader using a USB cable.

2. Can I download books from Chapters/Indigo onto my Sony eBook Reader wirelessly?

No, currently Chapters/Indigo does not offer the option to wirelessly download books onto a Sony eBook Reader. You will need to download the eBook file onto a computer and then transfer it to your eBook Reader using a USB cable.

3. Are all books from Chapters/Indigo available in eBook format for the Sony eBook Reader?

No, not all books from Chapters/Indigo are available in eBook format for the Sony eBook Reader. Some books may only be available in physical print form, while others may not be available in eBook format at all. It's best to check the Chapters/Indigo website for the specific book you are looking for to see if it is available as an eBook for the Sony eBook Reader.

4. Can I return or exchange a downloaded eBook from Chapters/Indigo for my Sony eBook Reader?

No, unfortunately eBooks purchased and downloaded from Chapters/Indigo cannot be returned or exchanged. It's important to make sure you want the eBook before making the purchase.

5. Are there any additional fees for downloading books from Chapters/Indigo onto my Sony eBook Reader?

No, there are no additional fees for downloading books from Chapters/Indigo onto your Sony eBook Reader. You will only be charged for the cost of the eBook itself. However, if you are downloading the eBook using a mobile data connection, your service provider may charge for data usage.