Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Engineers develop new sensor to detect tiny individual nanoparticles
Tiny particles have big potential in debate over nuclear proliferation
Ray tracing and beyond
Drakkith
Feb3-14, 01:41 PM
Mentor
P: 11,892
Generally, nuclear fusion using tritium-deuterium fuel produces a large amount of neutron radiation, along with some amount of Gamma rays and X-Rays. Alpha particles are produced, but aren't really considered "radiation" since they don't escape the reactor.
taregg
Feb3-14, 02:20 PM
P: 65
for i know that nuclear fusion weapons ..they use D and T as fuel.... but sometimes .. I read they use lithium 6 & lithium 7......does this fuel elements (D T Li) useit all in one bomb or they use each element for each bomb

Drakkith
Feb3-14, 03:13 PM
Mentor
Does fusion nuclear reaction produce alpha ridation

It depends on the design. Some bombs just use lithium 6-deuteride as a fuel, while others can also include deuterium or tritium gas as well in order to have a "variable yield" weapon.
taregg
Feb4-14, 09:46 AM
Does fission nuclear station needs slow neurons in reaction. ....and nuclear fission bombs need fast neutrons..
Drakkith
Feb4-14, 02:43 PM
Mentor
Quote Quote by taregg View Post
Does fission nuclear station needs slow neurons in reaction. ....and nuclear fission bombs need fast neutrons..
I believe that is correct.

See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutron..._weapon_design
taregg
Feb5-14, 02:00 PM
what does 3.5 mev and 14.1 mev means.
.....example .....D+T→He3 (3.5mev)+ n (14.1mev) .ist thermal energy power in put or out put..
Drakkith
Feb5-14, 04:50 PM
Mentor
MeV stands for mega (million) electron volts. An electron volt is used as a measure of energy in this context. The reaction of D-T produces He3 and a neutron which have a kinetic energy of 3.5 MeV and 14.1 MeV respectively. This energy would be the output energy produced from the reaction. So the reaction produces a total of 17.6 MeV's of energy.
taregg
Feb7-14, 06:00 AM
can you tell me .what all types isotopes fuels used for each different fusion bombs.

Register to reply