Singing about Oil: Finding the Right Words

• Thread starter megamu002
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Oil
In summary, a middle or high school science student is tasked with creating a song about the geology of oil and must research how it is created and extracted, as well as define related terms and creatively demonstrate understanding of the topic. This task may prove to be challenging and complex.
megamu002
oil song?

I am in virtual school and i have to create a song about oil. I don't know where to start. So if anyone could help, it would be great!

Activity - Create a short song about the geology of oil. (You may use the tune of a song you know and change the lyrics.)

Audience - Middle school / high school science students.

What to do - Search the web for information to help you with your song.

While searching the web determine the following:

How oil is created and trapped deep under the earth

How we uncover that oil and bring it to the surface

In your research find and define the words in the chart below. Aim at an understanding of how you would used these terms as they are related to the formation and mining of oil.

Because here is the kicker - you will include the words in your song.
You must include them all:

sediments decomposition kerogen pressure permeable or permeability
organic reaction reservoir rock heat or temperature hydrocarbons
carbon dioxide burning water porosity or pores trap

Grading - Your song should do the following:

Creatively demonstrate an understanding of concept/content through the song.

State from three to five important points to remember.

State the main idea/theme clearly and concisely.

Have few grammatical, syntax and/or spelling errors.

Assist the listener in understanding the topic/content.

Physics news on Phys.org
that sounds like it is going to be a long and complex song...I doubt it will make the top ten list any time soon.

I would say the first step would be to research the answers to all the required points you need to cover, then try to arrange them in some sort of order in which you will sing them.

yes i am in angelshares class... i guess we are both having the same trouble... imagine that ?

I am in virtual school and i have to create a song about oil. I don't know where to start. So if anyone could help, it would be great!

I truly feel sorry for you, let's just hope you don't have to make a recording or sing it live.

1. What is the purpose of singing about oil?

The purpose of singing about oil is to bring awareness to the importance of this natural resource and the impact it has on our daily lives. By using music and lyrics, singers can engage and educate audiences about the benefits and drawbacks of using oil as an energy source.

2. How can singing about oil contribute to the scientific community?

Singing about oil can contribute to the scientific community by providing a creative and engaging way to communicate complex scientific concepts to a wider audience. It can also inspire scientists to further research and innovate in the field of oil production and usage.

3. What are some possible topics that can be covered when singing about oil?

Some possible topics that can be covered when singing about oil include the history of oil production, the different types of oil and their uses, the environmental impact of oil extraction and consumption, and alternative energy sources.

4. Can singing about oil influence public opinion and policies?

Yes, singing about oil can have a significant impact on public opinion and policies. By presenting information in a creative and persuasive manner, singers can influence how people think about oil and the decisions made by policymakers regarding its use and regulation.

5. Are there any potential challenges when singing about oil?

One potential challenge when singing about oil is ensuring the accuracy and objectivity of the information presented. It is important to thoroughly research and fact-check the lyrics to avoid spreading misinformation. Additionally, some audiences may have preconceived notions about oil, making it challenging to effectively convey a balanced message.