Zhenxin Painting - An Artwork by Tom Hinst

• Thread starter PrudensOptimus
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a song in Chinese that is sung by a group of singers including Jackie Chan. The song has two versions, one with traditional Chinese characters and one with simplified Chinese characters. The participants in the conversation discuss the lyrics and melody of the song, and some comment on the fame of the singers. The conversation also includes debates about the differences between traditional and simplified Chinese characters.
PrudensOptimus
http://www.hinst.net/~tom/zhenxin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by PrudensOptimus
Great lyrics.

Originally posted by Evo
Great lyrics.

Lol, you don't read Chinese do you?

Lol, you don't read Chinese do you?
Not even in my dreams.

So, are you going to give us non-Chinese speaking people a translation? :smile:

In my heart there was a dream,

That is to sing so you may forget your miseries,

(In) starful skies who is the true hero

Common people give me the most passion

No more hate, no more sorrow,

May there is love in every corner,

We sing for your smile,

Wish your life be special from this point on,

Use every minute,

To fulfull our dream with full throtle, If not through storm

How can we see rainbow. Not everyone can be successful just like that

Use every passion in life,

Hug close friends,

Let true words and happy tears

be in my heart moving.

-- Text to Text translation, ... and is very hard to understand because Chinese to english is hard.

Very nice song Prudens. :smile:

http://source.flashw.com/swf/004174.swf [click the button on the bottom right corner in order to start]

Well, the melody of this song is exactly the same as the one that I like but the lyrics are different. :smile:

Now that there is a song there might as well be a musical to supplement it. *can vaguely imagine a musical about Physics Forums* Would be interesting.

is it a song written for Jackie Chan??

Coming from you Prudens i would have thought it would be a song about a girl or something! :wink:

Originally posted by KLscilevothma
http://source.flashw.com/swf/004174.swf [click the button on the bottom right corner in order to start]

Well, the melody of this song is exactly the same as the one that I like but the lyrics are different. :smile:
What are these lyrics about KL?

http://www.hinst.net/~tom/zhenxin.jpg

Hey! Tom, I think you liked that you look like Chan! ;)
Aha...is this one written by you?...dedecated to Chan?

From the translated version it seems good :)

Originally posted by Monique
Monique, I think I better ask PrudensOptimus to translate it.

PrudensOptimus, would you mind translating it? I'm not good at translation.

is it a song written for Jackie Chan??
There are total four singers in this song, one of them is Jacky Chan.

That was Emil Chow (Wa Kin) wasn't it?

I liked it.

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
That was Emil Chow (Wa Kin) wasn't it?

I liked it.
Oh, you know Chow Wa Kin ? Wow, I couldn't believe it. Is he really that famous?

The other version of this song that I mentioned is actually sung by the same group of people. Emil Chow and Jacky Chan were two of them.

Oh, you know Chow Wa Kin ? Wow, I couldn't believe it. Is he really that famous?

I have a secret source of ancient Chinese secrets.

Originally posted by Evo
Very nice song Prudens. :smile:

Thanks, but I do not take the credit. This song is quite a famous song but many people don't know the name since there are millions of good songs in China.

This song is by Jackie Chan, and a few others together.

They are the same lyrics...

Same lyrics...

Same lyrics...
No, they aren't the same. Names of the song are different too. I'm finding fonts that can convert traditional chinese characters to simplified Chinese characters as I'm afriad you can't understand every word written in traditional chinese characters. My experience tells me people from mainland China may find it difficult to read traditional chinese characters while we find it difficult to read simplified chinese characters.

The link I provided above isn't the other version of this song. Perhaps you misunderstood that. I haven't uploaded my version yet. :smile: I'll upload them if ready, or if you don't mind reading traditional chinese characters.

No, they aren't the same. Names of the song are different too. I'm finding fonts that can convert traditional chinese characters to simplified Chinese characters as I'm afriad you can't understand every word written in traditional chinese characters. My experience tells me people from mainland China may find it difficult to read traditional chinese characters while we find it difficult to read simplified chinese characters.

The link I provided above isn't the other version of this song. Perhaps you misunderstood that. I haven't uploaded my version yet. :smile: I'll upload them if ready, or if you don't mind reading traditional chinese characters.

Dude, I know my Chinese. They are the same. Same name, same lyrics, same singers...

And the SWF is in Simplified Chinese, not traditional.

And the SWF is in Simplified Chinese, not traditional.
I know.

Also, I said, "The link I provided above isn't the other version of this song. Perhaps you misunderstood that. I haven't uploaded my version yet." I meant I haven't uploaded the version I mentioned. Am I really that unclear ? :frown:

Dude, please don't forget, I'm Chinese too and I know Chinese. And I know the difference between simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese.

Ok, here's the other version which is in simplified chinese. It is converted to simplifed chinese from traditional chinese by a software called NJStar Chinese WP.
http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/anywork/song.jpg

since we're on chinese music-is Fay Wong a pretty famous singer? I heard her music once and she's got a good voice-almost rivals Celine dione. Also, is F4 big in china?

How about any good traditional singers? Music I could buy online?

Originally posted by Zantra
since we're on chinese music-is Fay Wong a pretty famous singer? I heard her music once and she's got a good voice-almost rivals Celine dione. Also, is F4 big in china?

Fay Wong is very very very famous! She was born in Bei Jing. When she was eight years old (IIRC), she and her family moved to Hong Kong. Not only is she famous in China and Hong Kong SAR, but also in Japan and other parts of the world.

You know what? KL is a nerd who knows nearly nothing about pop singers but knows a lot about old songs which don't really belong to the younger generation. F4 is a very new group from Tai Wan and I just did a little research about them. They are very famous in Hong Kong and Tai Wan, but I'm not sure whether they are famous in mainland China.

By the way, how did you know F4 ? [?] By some kind of secret source like the one Ivan has?

As I've said I don't know much about pop songs here. If you want to listen to some of them, you can try downloading them from the internet, or PM me if you want me introduce you some of my favourites.

Male:
HK division(most popular in china):
Liu De Hua (aka Andy Lau)

Zhang Xue You (don't know his english name)

Taiwan Division(2nd popular):

Ren Xian Qi

Female:

HK:

Wang Fei (aka Wong Fei, Faye Wong).

Edit: A few mp3s of those artists in Mandarin.(Note I heard they have many good ones in Cantonese too.)

List of famous POP songs by Zhang Xue You(there are like 50+, but I'll list a few):

http://edu.nx.cninfo.net/edu/schoolmusic/biewen.mp3 -- "Goodbye with a kiss"

http://www.xdjs.gov.cn/music/mc/030/0214.mp3 -- "Love Letter"

http://218.22.192.164/tool/tools/mp3/zxy-rgzdbsa.mp3 -- "If this is not love"

Some by Liu De Hua(aka Andy Lau):

http://ly.northtimes.com/xinge/anywn.mp3 -- "Love you ten thousand years."

http://www.dcb.hljmptt.net.cn/ez/19949.mp3 -- "Water (that) erase love"

http://www.xzcx.net.cn/yltd/lxgx/lxyy/MP3/ldh/14.mp3 -- "Chinese"

There are just sooooo mannny more... Hard to find on the internet. You need to check out Andy Lau's movies if you haven't... He is also a fantastic movie actor... I love his movies, especially his "Running out of Time"(aka An Zhan).

Actually a long time ago in Boston, or New York.. or was it LA? Don't even remember I bought some tapes with Asian music, I guess they are vietnamese:

Mùa Thy Cho Em
Ngoc Huong Le Huynh

Gia Huy
Anh Van Biet

Tuoi
Doi Muoi

The problem is that they are all covers with very cheap background synthesizer music

So I am not interested in pop music, more in traditional singing.

Actually a long time ago in Boston, or New York.. or was it LA? Don't even remember I bought some tapes with Asian music, I guess they are vietnamese:

Mùa Thy Cho Em
Ngoc Huong Le Huynh

Gia Huy
Anh Van Biet

Tuoi
Doi Muoi

The problem is that they are all covers with very cheap background synthesizer music

You should listen to Andy Lau's "Chinese."

and watch his DVDs.(Running out of Time, God of Gamblers.. etc.)

Translation of KL's lyrics:

Open the warm window of (my) eye,

Only walking on the cold fields,

The sun rises from the terrain,

Shines in the bright eternal way,

Know loving, know to share.

Treasure this life before the next.

Don't let arrogance be into your life.

... more coming soon (hard translation).

Just to clarify, basically you like Asian groups singing traditional Asian songs? those are boring

I have some songs, but more from Asian pop bands and most are sang in English and their native language.

Last edited:
Fay Wong is very very very famous! She was born in Bei Jing. When she was eight years old (IIRC), she and her family moved to Hong Kong. Not only is she famous in China and Hong Kong SAR, but also in Japan and other parts of the world.

You know what? KL is a nerd who knows nearly nothing about pop singers but knows a lot about old songs which don't really belong to the younger generation. F4 is a very new group from Tai Wan and I just did a little research about them. They are very famous in Hong Kong and Tai Wan, but I'm not sure whether they are famous in mainland China.

By the way, how did you know F4 ? [?] By some kind of secret source like the one Ivan has?

It's a well guarded secret Actually I just have a lot of asian friends and aquaintances.

Ivan has a secret source? source of what? Gold? Diamonds? Rubies? Punky power?

Originally posted by The_Professional
Just to clarify, basically you like Asian groups singing traditional Asian songs? those are boring

I have some songs, but more from Asian pop bands and most are sang in English and their native language.

Different cultures have different styles, speak for yourself bud.

Ivan has a secret source?
I think he has one, but it is classified as top secret.

... more coming soon (hard translation).
PrudensOptimus, that's why I'm asking for your help as you can translate better.

1. What is "Zhenxin Painting"?

"Zhenxin Painting" is an artwork created by artist Tom Hinst. It is a unique piece of art that combines traditional Chinese painting techniques with modern abstract elements.

2. What is the significance of the title "Zhenxin Painting"?

The title "Zhenxin" translates to "true heart" in Chinese. This reflects the artist's intention to create a piece that is both authentic and heartfelt.

3. What inspired Tom Hinst to create "Zhenxin Painting"?

Tom Hinst was inspired by his love for Chinese culture and art. He wanted to create a piece that would showcase the beauty and complexity of traditional Chinese painting while also incorporating his own unique style.

4. How long did it take to create "Zhenxin Painting"?

The creation of "Zhenxin Painting" took several months. The artist spent a significant amount of time researching and studying traditional Chinese painting techniques before starting the actual painting process.

5. Is "Zhenxin Painting" for sale?

Yes, "Zhenxin Painting" is available for purchase. Interested buyers can contact the artist directly for pricing and availability.