What Are the Functions of Components in an Electronic Circuit?

In summary, the conversation discussed resources for learning about electronics, including a book recommendation, a website with links to online resources and a software simulator for building and simulating circuits. The conversation also mentioned the ability to watch lectures on signals and systems.
vmars
Greetings;
I am just learning about electronics
Is there a site
that describes what each component in a circuit does
with arrows describing electron flow
and what it is doing along the way?
I need diagrams.

Thanks!
Vern

Engineering news on Phys.org
To what extend are you trying to get? You can always check out a library book.

Have a look at the thread I made above. It's got a book recommendation in it about electronics. The thread is the Interpretation of existing circuit one :wink:

Wikipedia is a good website for learning about electronics. And the book "The Art of Electronics" by Horowitz and Hill is an excellent beginning electronics book, and *well* worth the purchase price.

You sold it to me mate. As soon as funds are available I'm grabbing a copy :cool:

Check out my website "Free Engineering Online" (link in sig). There are many links in the electronics section. There is also some links in the 'Links" section that points to a free software simulator applet that allows to build circuits and simulate them. It also shows the direction of current, etc. Its great!

ranger>>> thankS! i can't believe it ! i can actually watch lectures on signals and systems! very useful!

A great link indeed Mr. Ranger sir :wink:

1. What is electronics?

Electronics is the branch of science and technology that deals with the study and application of devices and systems that use electric current to control and transmit information.

2. Why is learning about electronics important?

Learning about electronics is important because it allows us to understand and manipulate the world around us. It also plays a crucial role in the development of new technologies and advancements in various fields such as communication, healthcare, and transportation.

3. What are the basic components of electronics?

The basic components of electronics include resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, transistors, and integrated circuits. These components are used to build electronic circuits, which are the building blocks of electronic devices.

4. How can I start learning about electronics?

There are many ways to start learning about electronics, such as enrolling in a formal course, attending workshops and seminars, or self-studying using online resources and tutorials. It is important to have a basic understanding of math and physics, as well as hands-on experience with building circuits.

5. What are some practical applications of electronics?

Electronics has a wide range of practical applications, including communication systems, medical equipment, transportation systems, consumer electronics, and industrial automation. It is also used in various scientific research and development projects, such as space exploration and renewable energy technologies.