Inventive Genius: Ted M. Moss' Patented Mouse Trap

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Patent
In summary, mice are protesting their treatment as a food source and are seeking legal status as diseased vermin. PETA is considering taking legal action against the inventor of a trap that crushes and incinerates mice. Meanwhile, the trend of including mice on restaurant menus is causing controversy. However, some people are still finding creative ways to incorporate mice into their meals, such as in the form of "McMousetrap mousewraps
zoobyshoe
"High tech mousing that not only kills but crushes and incinerates the victim is offered in a trap devised by Texan Ted M. Moss. His enclosed apparatus lures a doomed rodent into a cylindrical chamber with bait. An electric eye senses the presence of the mouse and actuates a spring driven vertical harpoon that spears the creature on the spot. Once dead, the mouse is crushed between two flat metal plates to a thickness of about three-sixteenths of an inch and incinerated by an electric coil. The trap then automatically places another morsel in the bait chamber and resets itself to harpoon the next small intruder."

-Inventive Genius
Library of Curious and Unusual Facts
Time-Life books, 1991

Physics news on Phys.org
Patent # 4,669,216.1

Finger gaurd for patent #4,669,216.

Patent # 4,669,216.2

Mouse ash scraper for patent # 4,669,216

Patent # 4,699,216.3

Mouse harpoon sharpener for patent # 4,699,216

Patent #4,699,216.4

MouseBeGone Room Deodorizer.

Ivan Seeking said:
MouseBeGone Room Deodorizer.

"Are your guests uncomfortable with the odor of burning hair and seared flesh your Moss Mouse Masher creates?

Try MouseBeGone™ Room Deodorizer today!"

Patent #4,699,216.5

MouseBeGone Room Deodorizer Neutralizer

Special Note: According to Federal Mandate 21233.33_11_1.4699216 part c

"The flattened and roasted rodent is then placed on a soft whole wheat tortilla with sundried tomatoes, arugala and parmesean cheese. It is served with your choice of medium soft drink. It is the McMousetrap mousewrap. Available for a limited time only.

Njorl

Life would be so boring without you guys. :biggrin:

Njorl said:
"The flattened and roasted rodent is then placed on a soft whole wheat tortilla with sundried tomatoes, arugala and parmesean cheese. It is served with your choice of medium soft drink. It is the McMousetrap mousewrap. Available for a limited time only.

Njorl

And soon Subway will introduce a low-carb version of the roasted rodent, this time it is on a carb-friendly Atkins (R) Wrap. Dieters can eat mice and lose weight!

Njorl said:
"It is the McMousetrap mousewrap. Available for a limited time only."
"While supply lasts, or until we get our A rating back from the health department."

Last edited:
APP News General Release: Due to the overwhelming success and health benefits of the "McMousetrap mousewrap", the "carb-friendly Atkins (R) Wrap", and the most successful marketing slogan in history, "Everybody Needs Mouse", the Disney Co. announced today the release of a its newest product to spin off from the so called "critter craze": A new soft drink that comes with proof of spectacular health benefits and called "The Real Mickey". The drink is available in fine strained form or for you heartier drinkers, with the pulp.

Last edited:
I drink it for the fiber!

I drink it every day. Like the label says, "it keeps you squeaky clean".

Patent # 4,669,216.6

The Real Mickey Home Brew Kit

(Mouse trap - Patent # 4,669,216 - and The Mouse Ash scraper - patent # 4,669,216.2 purchased separately)

Bah! With all these fast-food mouse places opening up, you just can't good mouse anymore.

Njorl

Ferret, hampster and gerbil guards, so you don't kill your own pets

...and then disaster strikes: Mad Mouse Disease!

Mad Mouse Disease

MAD MOUSE DISEASE

WASHINTON, D.C. - Scores of angry mice have gathered outside various government buildings in the US capitol city of Washington to protest the increasing view of mice as a "viable protein source."

PETA spokesperson, Pamela Anderson, acting as interim representative for the angry rodents until legal representation can be arranged, said that the mice are seeking permanent legal status as "diseased vermin" to curtail the snowballing fad of including mouse dishes on restaurant menus.

"Haven't you ever noticed their ugly, protruding, little butts?" Anderson asked. "Now who in their right mind would want to eat that?"

"It all started with that horrible mouse roasting trap", Anderson continued, "PETA is looking into how to sue him. In the meantime, please have the respect to consider these angry mice to be the diseased vermin they wish to be considered, and don't eat them."

Copyright 2004 Rooters News Service. All rights reserved

Last edited:
Now running pretty much down party lines, Democrats are demanding mice rights and Republicans are demanding mice dinners. "American Mouse is Safe" insisted the Republican whip. "What's more, they don't have any rights" he added. "They're just stinking mice!" .

There are some ugly reports surfacing about a practice known as "packratting"; where the mice are raised in little stalls with hardly any room to move, "never once free to scurry and scamper like normal mice" said one protester. Also in the news, in a coordinated effort with PETA, illegal mice fighting rings are hit by SWAT Teams in and around Las Vegas.

Last edited:
Soylent Gray - it takes a mouse to catch a mouse.

Patent #4,699,216.6 DENIED

invention:Soylent Gray made from smashed, incinerated mouse carcass used as bait in Patent #4.699.216.

Decision:Patent Denied

Reason: using mouse to make bait to catch mouse to make bait. PERPETUAL MOTION DEVICES MAY NOT BE PATENTED

zoobyshoe said:
MAD MOUSE DISEASE

WASHINTON, D.C. - Scores of angry mice have gathered outside various government buildings in the US capitol city of Washington to protest the increasing view of mice as a "viable protein source."

PETA spokesperson, Pamela Anderson, acting as interim representative for the angry rodents until legal representation can be arranged, said that the mice are seeking permanent legal status as "diseased vermin" to curtail the snowballing fad of including mouse dishes on restaurant menus.

"Haven't you ever noticed their ugly, protruding, little butts?" Anderson asked. "Now who in their right mind would want to eat that?"

"It all started with that horrible mouse roasting trap", Anderson continued, "PETA is looking into how to sue him. In the meantime, please have the respect to consider these angry mice to be the diseased vermin they wish to be considered, and don't eat them."

Copyright 2004 Rooters News Service. All rights reserved
WHAT? No mousemeat PIE? :cying:

Or should be it called 'mincemouse pie?'

- Warren

Totally different recipe. I would also miss mincemouse pie, just not as much as mousemeat pie. (I like chunky meat more than minced mousey parts. :wink:)

Don't overlook the obvious desert; Chocolate Mouse. :rolleyes:

"Not like cats!" cried the Mouse, in a shrill, passionate voice. Would you like cats if you were me?"

Mousearoni & Cheese.
Mashed Voletatoes.
Candy bars: Squeakers, Three Mouseketeers, Meece's Pieces, Rit Rat.

Texan Invents Perpetual Commotion

PERPETUAL MOUSE MOTION?

Rooters

ALEXANDIA , Virginia - "I do not claim PERPETUAL MOTION!" shouts Texas inventor, Ted M. Moss outside the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, "I only claim a SELF-SUSTAINING process! There's a DIFFERENCE!"

Inventor Moss is here to personally protest the denial of a patent for an adjunct to the now infamous mousetrap that has both outraged animal activists and inspired the Fast Food industry to new heights of creativity.

Moss, who is suing several Fast Food chains both for defamation of character arising from their putated "misuse" of his mousetrap, and simultaneously for a share of the profits they have reaped from it, is, himself the subject of an impending lawsuit to be launched by PETA, on charges not yet specified.

In the meantime, Moss is eager to personally present his request for reconsideration to the head of the Department of Commerce, which oversees the U.S. Patent and Trademark office.

"The man seems to be a coward." says Moss, "He won't directly confront me! That's because he's wrong and he knows it! "Soylent Gray" is no more perpetual motion than a nuclear breeder reactor that manufactures more of its own fuel. I'm not some crazy crackpot claiming PERPETUAL MOTION!"

Rooters News Service. Copyright 2004. All rights reserved

WASHINGTON D.C. (AP) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has rescinded its food pyramid, a staple of nutrtion education in schools around the country. The food pyramid, which advocates a mouse-rich diet, was originally developed in the 1970's as a specialized diet for people at risk for a second heart attack.

"All the studies indicated that a mouse-rich diet was beneficial to people at high risk for heart disease; we naturally thought that benefit extended to the general population," says Dr. Steven Sinclair, leader of the FDA's Mouse Investigatory Committee.

"That damn FDA guy can suck my enormous white ass," says Danny Oakfield, a morbidly obese man in Farmington, Illinois, who has been consuming a high-mouse diet for over thirty years. Despite following the FDA recommendations closely, Oakfield is now in critical condition. His weight fluctuates between an imperial and a metric ton, and he is confined in his unusually large bed. "Yeah, I eat about fifty-five or sixty of them mice every day. The government said I should eat 6-11 servings of mice every day, and well, they ain't too big, so I think ten of 'em is a reasonable serving." When asked what variety of mice he chooses, Oakfield replied "Oh, the bite-sized ones, you know?"

Oakfield is now gathering support for a class-action lawsuit against the government for misrepresenting scientific findings and endangering his health. "We're not worried," said Sinclair, "we have ****loads of money. I mean, absolute ****loads."

Meanwhile, medical science has identified that some kinds of rodents can actually improve health by lowering LDM (low-density mouse-protein) levels. These varities include the Texas longtail mouse, the Zairean mongoose rat, and a rare breed of Indian rat generally referred to simply as "the old ninety-sixer," reflecting its enormous size.

"Man, I'd love to have me some-a-them ninety-sixers. It'd make me healthier, and I could like, put it under my pillow and snack on it for like, days," says Oakfield. "That man's ****ing disgusting," replied Sinclair.

Washington D.C. (AP) For immediate release.

The planned Million Mouse March on Washington turned tragic today when the peaceful scurriers were attacked by ravenous Republicans wielding tongs and portable fryers.

As a sidebar to this story, Republicans raised over three million dollars today by hosting a spontaneous outdoor luncheon.

Last edited:
Bush Denies Mouse-Eating Admission

REMARKS BY PRESIDENT BUSH TO THE TRAVEL POOL AT FORT HOOD, TEXAS

THE PRESIDENT: I'll answer a couple of questions. Scott.

Q.: Thank you Mr. President. Yesterday, when I asked you if there were any mouse dishes on the White House menu you replied "Sure, I eat 'em." Yet later in your afternoon press conference, you said "I don't eat mice, myself, but the Chief of Staff is taking a good look at the circumstances. Soon I will be able to tell you what the White Houses position on mouse-eating is."

THE PRESIDENT: I guess I misspoke. I didn't mean to say "Chief of Staff". I meant to say "Secretary of Agriculture", or whichever one is in charge of livestock. I can get that information to you later.

Q. Yes, but Mr. President, in the morning you told me you did eat mice, and in the afternoon you told the country you didn't eat mice.

THE PRESIDENT: As you know, some words rhyme, and they can be confused with each other. What I think I said to you in the morning was "Sure, I've heard of mouse-eating", but you probably mis-recorded me since...well, because of the rhyme. Next question.

Last edited:
Breaking news...Disneyland has now adopted the mouse-diet, whose motto is "Eat a mouse a day."

Confronted with this revelation, Mickey smiled, but Minnie just blushed. It's the first tail for Mickey since Walt erased his part as one of the Seven Dwarves.

Washington (APP) For Immediate Release
The President's press secretary fired back at reporters when hit with questions about statements allegedly made by the President yesterday. “He did not say what he said, but if he had he would have meant that he might eat mice in the morning, but it is not likely that he would eat mice in the evening. On this point the president stands firm. He has always been a breakfast mouser and he will continue to be a breakfast mouser. Let there be no confusion on this point: This is nothing but another example of malicious character assasination and left wing partisanship!” With that the Secretary slammed his notes down on the podium and left the room. All present were reportedly stunned into silence.

Some tips on how to catch and cook mice

Some cooking tips:

...Mice Hunting Techniques

Mice are hunted during the dry season from April up to early November. Men and especially boys have the responsibility of hunting mice. Catching mice requires tremendous skill and sometimes tenacity as when an individual is digging for the kabwanda that burrows really deep into solid dry hard clay soil. In this case the hunting party has do dig hard for long hours. The boys and men have to know what type of holes in the ground are likely to have what breed of mice, how to dig for them, how soil mixed with fresh mice urine smells like. If the odor is strong and fresh that is usually a good sign that the mice are in the hole. The boys have to know how to skillfully use short sticks or clubs, mphici, to strike the mice when they scramble out of the escape hole, known as mbuli, in their desperate search for new cover...

How to Cook Mice

The cooking of the mice is very simple. The mice are gutted, boiled in plain water for about half an hour and salted. They are then fire dried until they are nearly bone dry. Mice are never cooked any other way. In fact, there is a song among the Tumbuka, whose lyrics are in the Chewa or Nyanja language, which mocks a young modern housewife who did not know proper mouse cooking.

Ena sadziwa kuphika lelo Ku mbeba

Ena sadziwa kuphika lelo ku mbeba

Anyenzi, tomato, komweko lelo ku mbeba

Anyenzi, saladi, komweko lelo ku mbeba

Some do not know how to cook mice

Some do not know how to cook mice

Onion, tomatoes in the mice

Onion, cooking oil in the mice

In the song, the grave mistake the young housewife apparently committed was to assume she could add onions, tomatoes, and cooking oil to the mice. These ingredients are highly valued in modern popular Zambian cuisine such as beef and chicken stew. But they are a taboo in cooking mice.

http://www.bridgewater.edu/~mtembo/mbeba.html [Broken]

Speaking of mousatizers, I took a Wilderness Survival class in college. We learned (via closed-circuit pre-recorded instruction) how to cook mice by packing them in mudballs and throwing them in a fire

http://purlsb4swine.blogspot.com/2003_08_01_purlsb4swine_archive.html

I think this young chap has a good idea - cook it in an Anahat, on a skewer or in a bowl of some sort. Mice are good for you, but nobody has shown us how to cook them. The French people eat frogs and snails - it's not difficult to find a book telling you how to cook them. I have heard that somewhere mice are dipped in honey before they are cooked. On the Internet we can probably find people to tell us how to do that. Perhaps we can be the first to tell the world how to cook mice by the sun.

http://www.geocities.com/boxaidinfo/play.htm

Pot Luck: Grilled Mice
...instructions for cooking mice, recipes for wild fish and game like Squirrel Fricasee and Juneau Icefield Go-Atter (woodrat) Stew

http://www.csindy.com/csindy/2000-01-06/potluck.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
<h2>1. What makes Ted M. Moss' patented mouse trap different from other mouse traps on the market?</h2><p>Ted M. Moss' patented mouse trap uses a unique design and mechanism that effectively captures mice without causing harm. It also has a higher success rate compared to traditional mouse traps.</p><h2>2. How does Ted M. Moss' patented mouse trap work?</h2><p>The mouse trap works by using a bait to lure the mouse into a chamber, which triggers a mechanism that closes the door and traps the mouse inside. The design of the trap prevents the mouse from escaping or being harmed.</p><h2>3. Is Ted M. Moss' patented mouse trap safe to use around children and pets?</h2><p>Yes, the mouse trap is safe to use around children and pets. It does not contain any harmful chemicals or pose any danger to humans or animals.</p><h2>4. Can Ted M. Moss' patented mouse trap be reused?</h2><p>Yes, the mouse trap can be reused multiple times. It is made of durable materials and can be easily cleaned and reset after each use.</p><h2>5. How effective is Ted M. Moss' patented mouse trap in catching mice?</h2><p>Ted M. Moss' patented mouse trap has a high success rate in catching mice. Its unique design and mechanism make it more effective than traditional mouse traps, resulting in fewer escapes and faster capture times.</p>

1. What makes Ted M. Moss' patented mouse trap different from other mouse traps on the market?

Ted M. Moss' patented mouse trap uses a unique design and mechanism that effectively captures mice without causing harm. It also has a higher success rate compared to traditional mouse traps.

2. How does Ted M. Moss' patented mouse trap work?

The mouse trap works by using a bait to lure the mouse into a chamber, which triggers a mechanism that closes the door and traps the mouse inside. The design of the trap prevents the mouse from escaping or being harmed.

3. Is Ted M. Moss' patented mouse trap safe to use around children and pets?

Yes, the mouse trap is safe to use around children and pets. It does not contain any harmful chemicals or pose any danger to humans or animals.

4. Can Ted M. Moss' patented mouse trap be reused?

Yes, the mouse trap can be reused multiple times. It is made of durable materials and can be easily cleaned and reset after each use.

5. How effective is Ted M. Moss' patented mouse trap in catching mice?

Ted M. Moss' patented mouse trap has a high success rate in catching mice. Its unique design and mechanism make it more effective than traditional mouse traps, resulting in fewer escapes and faster capture times.

Back