What Objects Behave Like Donuts in Certain Circumstances?

• Thread starter joeyar
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses objects that may not be donuts but exhibit similar traits and behaviors, such as being empty in the middle, covered in cream, and causing weight gain. The conversation also mentions a red herring and a police officer's birthday cake, and ends with a discussion about the phrase "So long, and thanks for all the fish" from "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".
joeyar
Are there any objects that are not donuts, but in certain circumstances, behave like a donut

Physics news on Phys.org
How exactly does a donut behave? I thought it was a rather inanimate object with no behavior at all (though they do taste good). :confused:

Behave like a donut? I wasn't aware that donuts behaved in any particular way since they are inanimate objects.

Did you mean to post this in the stupid quetions thread?

Edit: Once again Moonbear beats me to the answer. GMTA

Last edited:
Typical aspects of the behaviour of a donut are to be:

- Empty in the middle
- Covered in cream
- Make people overweight
- A police officer's best friend

What over objects characterise these traits?

Not even all donuts have all those traits.

Q: What's green and hangs on the wall?
A: I don't know.
Q: A red herring.
A: But a red herring isn't green.
Q: So paint it green.
A: But it doesn't hang on the wall.
Q: So hang it on the wall.

Bagel with cream cheese, perhaps.

Is there any actual point to this thread? Or is this just some totally random question?

A policeman's hollow birthday cream cake.

Kurdt said:
A policeman's hollow birthday cream cake.

Don't forget the stripper that jumps out of it. :uhh:

Moonbear said:
Bagel with cream cheese, perhaps.

Is there any actual point to this thread? Or is this just some totally random question?

The latter.

The best phrase in the "Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy" is "So long, and thanks for all the fish", the basis of our fish initiation.

Thread closed.

My apologies Evo, I will close it when I have but my 2bits worth in... :smile:

A coffee cup, being a different shaped donut, is a donut behaving differently.

Integral said:
My apologies Evo, I will close it when I have but my 2bits worth in... :smile:

A coffee cup, being a different shaped donut, is a donut behaving differently.
Good answer Integral. BTW, what's your favorite fish? :devil: I don't believe that you've ever been initiated properly.

What factors affect the rate at which a donut is consumed?

The rate at which a donut is consumed can be affected by several factors, such as the size and type of donut, the individual's hunger level, and the presence of distractions or other food options.

Do donuts have a preferred environment for optimal freshness?

Yes, donuts are best kept in a cool, dry environment to maintain their freshness. Exposure to heat and humidity can cause them to become stale or moldy.

Why do some people prefer certain types of donuts over others?

Individual taste preferences and cultural influences can play a role in why some people prefer specific types of donuts. Additionally, different donut flavors and toppings can provide unique sensory experiences that appeal to different individuals.

Can donuts exhibit addictive behavior?

While there is no scientific evidence to support donuts being physically addictive, some individuals may experience cravings for donuts due to the combination of sugar, fat, and carbohydrates found in these treats.

How do donuts respond to changes in temperature?

Donuts are sensitive to changes in temperature and can become hard and dry when exposed to heat or cold for extended periods. This is because donuts are made with dough that contains yeast, which can be affected by temperature changes.