How to get the semiconductor alloys parameters?

In summary, the speaker is looking for information on the elastic, piezoelectric, and dielectric constants for Al0.35Ga0.65As and In0.65Al0.45As. They are wondering if there is a database available to search for this information. The suggested Ioffe institute database may have some data on AlGaAs, but it is unclear if there is also information on InAlAs. The properties of these alloys can be found by interpolating between the properties of AlAs and GaAs.
yzou_ua
I'm working on some calculations on Al0.35Ga0.65As & In0.65Al0.45As.
Someone can tell me where i can find the elastic/piezoelectric/dielectric constants for these rare alloys?? A database for them exist for us to search??
Thx...

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe you can find some info in the database of the Ioffe institute:

http://www.ioffe.ru/SVA/NSM/

The section about properties of semiconductors or the n,k-database should have some data on AlGaAs. Whether there is also info on InAlAs, I am not sure.

The properties can be found by linearly interpolating between the two extremes i.e. AlAs and GaAs, same for the other materials.

1. What are semiconductor alloys?

Semiconductor alloys are materials that are made up of two or more different elements, typically from the group III and group V elements in the periodic table. These materials have properties of both semiconductors and metals, making them useful for various electronic applications.

2. How are semiconductor alloys formed?

Semiconductor alloys are formed through a process called alloying, where two or more elements are mixed together at high temperatures. This allows the atoms of the different elements to mix and form a new material with unique properties.

3. What parameters affect the properties of semiconductor alloys?

The properties of semiconductor alloys are affected by various parameters, such as the composition of the elements, the size and distribution of the atoms, and the crystal structure. Other factors, such as temperature and strain, can also influence the properties of these materials.

4. How do scientists determine the parameters of semiconductor alloys?

Scientists use a variety of techniques, such as X-ray diffraction and electron microscopy, to study the crystal structure and composition of semiconductor alloys. They also use computational methods, such as density functional theory, to model and predict the properties of these materials.

5. How can the parameters of semiconductor alloys be optimized for specific applications?

The parameters of semiconductor alloys can be optimized by carefully selecting the elements and their composition, as well as controlling the manufacturing process. Scientists also conduct extensive research and experimentation to understand how different parameters affect the properties of these materials and how they can be tailored for specific applications.