I'm looking for self-study books strictly on precalc. Trig. and Analytic Geo.

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for recommendations on books to supplement their learning of analytic geometry and trigonometry. They are specifically interested in books with solved problems, and someone suggests borrowing books from the library. The recommended books are Gelfand's Trigonometry and Methods of Coordinates. The original person plans to check them out after school.
Raizy
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Here is my plan:

My text covers trigonometry, but not analytic geometry. I am interested in learning analytic geometry to increase my confidence for beginning calculus, so the quality of the analytic geometry book is the higher priority. I also suspect I might have some trouble following the my original textbook while learning trigonometry, so I definitely would not mind a trigonometry supplement.

And one more thing, does anyone know of a Schaum's "3000 solved problems" equivalent? I found a Princeton "Plethora of Calculus problems" book and I was just wondering if anyone else knows of anymore companies that produce books that contain strictly solved problems (specifically precalculus trig and analytic geo.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Raizy said:
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Here is my plan:

My text covers trigonometry, but not analytic geometry. I am interested in learning analytic geometry to increase my confidence for beginning calculus, so the quality of the analytic geometry book is the higher priority. I also suspect I might have some trouble following the my original textbook while learning trigonometry, so I definitely would not mind a trigonometry supplement.

And one more thing, does anyone know of a Schaum's "3000 solved problems" equivalent? I found a Princeton "Plethora of Calculus problems" book and I was just wondering if anyone else knows of anymore companies that produce books that contain strictly solved problems (specifically precalculus trig and analytic geo.)

Go to your school/city library and borrow all the books on this subject :!). You will have few thousand problems to solve.

Gelfand's Trigonometry and Methods of Coordinates would be the obvious choices.

rootX said:
Go to your school/city library and borrow all the books on this subject :!). You will have few thousand problems to solve.

Hmmm, I suppose. BTW, does anyone here ever do the same problems over again?

Werg22 said:
Gelfand's Trigonometry and Methods of Coordinates would be the obvious choices.

I'll check these out when I get home from school today.

1. What are some good self-study books for precalculus, trigonometry, and analytic geometry?

Some recommended books for self-study on precalculus, trigonometry, and analytic geometry include "Precalculus" by James Stewart, "Trigonometry" by Michael Sullivan, and "Analytic Geometry" by Douglas F. Riddle.

2. Are there any self-study books specifically for precalculus?

Yes, there are many self-study books tailored specifically for precalculus, such as "Precalculus: Mathematics for Calculus" by James Stewart and "Precalculus Demystified" by Rhonda Huettenmueller.

3. Can you recommend a self-study book that covers both trigonometry and analytic geometry?

"Trigonometry and Analytic Geometry" by John H. Saxon Jr. is a comprehensive self-study book that covers both trigonometry and analytic geometry in one text.

4. Are there any self-study books for precalculus, trigonometry, and analytic geometry that include practice problems?

Yes, many self-study books for these subjects include practice problems, such as "Precalculus: Mathematics for Calculus" by James Stewart and "Trigonometry and Analytic Geometry" by John H. Saxon Jr.

5. Do you have any recommendations for self-study books that focus on real-world applications of precalculus, trigonometry, and analytic geometry?

"Real-World Applications in Precalculus" by Michael Sullivan and "Precalculus with Applications" by Margaret L. Lial are both self-study books that emphasize real-world applications of precalculus, trigonometry, and analytic geometry concepts.