Classmate who smells awkward moment

• Thread starter Femme_physics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Moment
In summary: But the fact that you find his particular body odor unpleasant probably means he wouldn't be a good life partner for you.
LOL I feel kinda embarrassed to sit next to him now, and I'm still slightly worried he might smell tbh :P

Physics news on Phys.org
You don't have to sit down, you can sniff him just walking around. Dogs do it all the time.

Femme_physics said:
LOL I feel kinda embarrassed to sit next to him now, and I'm still slightly worried he might smell tbh :P

It would be nicest if he came up to you, saying he's worried that he smells, and asking you if he does (he might smell like roses :shy:).

LOL! Unlikely. I'm pretty sure I've burned a bridge for life. Oh well.

Oh, and trust me, he's not the only guy who deserves a notice about it in my class. I'll just make sure to stick next to ones who either smell good or don't smell. Made me appreciate my perfumes all the more.

I've worked in an office once for half a year.
When I came there we were taken along to the mess.
On the way, the guy who took us, took us just for fun through a wing of the building that really stank of some perfume. Apparently a woman worked there that used way to much perfume, and not a particularly nice one either.
He explained that she'd been working there for over half a year, and that apparently no one ever told her that she used way too much perfume!

Either way, I was not so brave as to walk up to her and tell her, but during the half year that I worked there, I never went into that wing again! However, we could smell, even passing that wing by, that she still worked there!

Well, if you'd gotten to know her a bit would you have told her?

Femme_physics said:
Well, if you'd gotten to know her a bit would you have told her?

I'd like to think that I would have.
I guess it would depend on my impression of her, that is, how open she'd be to listen to anyone.
I suspect she wasn't open at all for such things, because I can't imagine that no one was ever willing to tell her.

[edit]Actually, I knew someone at college as well that really stank. But this was a guy that grew a large unkempt beard and who had dirty hair. It never seemed worthwhile to tell him that he stank, since he obviously didn't care how he looked or smelled. Now if I would have been a pretty woman, I might have had more impact ;).[/edit]

Last edited:
Femme_physics said:
:rofl: