Find Cut-off Frequency of R1, C and R2 Circuit

In summary, the speaker is discussing a circuit with an R1 of 1K in parallel with an C and R2 in series, which is a highpass filter. They have measured the bode plot of the circuit and are now looking for the values of C and C2. The question is related to the cutoff frequency, but without a diagram, it is difficult to understand. Another speaker offers to help by providing schematics if a picture is posted.
gotilio
I've got an R1 of 1K in parallel with an C and R2 in series.(Highpass)
I've got the bode plot of the circuit measured out.
Now I have to find the values of C and C2 ,can anyone help me?
It is related to the cut-off freq but I don't know how.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I don't think anyone can make any sense of this question without a diagram. You don't even tell us where C2 is supposed to be.

- Warren

I play with that stuff all the time, formulas and all. If you can figure out how to post a picture I can try to put up some schematics. Maybe You can pick the one you like.

1. What is the purpose of finding the cut-off frequency in an R1, C and R2 circuit?

The cut-off frequency is the frequency at which the output of the circuit drops to 70.7% of its maximum value. It is important to find this frequency to determine the bandwidth and filter characteristics of the circuit.

2. How do you calculate the cut-off frequency in an R1, C and R2 circuit?

The cut-off frequency can be calculated using the formula fc = 1/2πRC, where R is the total resistance in the circuit and C is the capacitance.

3. What factors can affect the cut-off frequency in an R1, C and R2 circuit?

The cut-off frequency can be affected by the values of R1, C, and R2 in the circuit. Additionally, any external noise or interference can also impact the cut-off frequency.

4. Can the cut-off frequency be adjusted in an R1, C and R2 circuit?

Yes, the cut-off frequency can be adjusted by changing the values of R1, C, and R2 in the circuit. Increasing the resistance or capacitance will decrease the cut-off frequency, while decreasing the resistance or capacitance will increase the cut-off frequency.

5. What is the significance of the cut-off frequency in circuit design?

The cut-off frequency is an important parameter in circuit design as it helps determine the frequency response and filtering capabilities of the circuit. It also allows for the selection of appropriate components to achieve the desired cut-off frequency for a specific application.