Series-parallel or parallel curcuit

• Thread starter Rodrae
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Parallel
In summary: If you want to picture it, think of a river that has rapids. The faster the water flows, the more waves it makes. The more waves it makes, the more turbulent the water becomes. And the more turbulent the water becomes, the more energy it takes to move the water. The more energy it takes to move the water, the more powerful the rapids. In other words, the more elements there are in a circuit, the more difficult it will be for an electron to move through it without also passing through a second branch.
Rodrae
I keep telling into him ( not mentioning the name ) that this is a parallel circuit but he always keep telling me that this is a series-parallel...

Someone tell me.
What circuit is it?

Is flow of current determine the kind of circuit?

Please also indicate proof that this is a _______ and also an explanation

i keep telling this to him but he said no books tells that it is parallel and he wants some proof.
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Is there a diagram to accompany this?

I KEEP TELLING INTO HIM ( NOT MENTIONING THE NAME ) THAT THIS IS A PARALLEL CIRCUIT BUT HE ALWAYS KEEP TELLING ME THAT THIS IS A SERIES-PARALLEL...

SOMEONE TELL ME.
WHAT CIRCUIT IS IT?

IS FLOW OF CURRENT DETERMINE THE KIND OF CIRCUIT?

PLEASE ALSO INDICATE PROOF THAT THIS IS A _______ AND ALSO AN EXPLANATION

I KEEP TELLING THIS TO HIM BUT HE SAID NO BOOKS TELLS THAT IT IS PARALLEL AND HE WANTS SOME PROOF.
THANKS.

https://www.physicsforums.com/newattachment.php?do=manageattach&p=

Attachments

• AW.bmp
    189.2 KB · Views: 607
Last edited by a moderator:
You have 4 impedences in parallel.

(merged 2 threads)

Could you explain why it is parallel and not series parallel.

Is Z3 and Z4 is series? or not? Why?

Can you give me ways how to determine if a circuit is parallel or series by just looking on it?

Is the flow of current has something to do with determining the kind of circuit even there is no current given and only impedance?

I JUST HAVING A HARD TIME EXPLAINING THIS BUT I KNOW THIS IS PARALLEL...
PLEASE HELP

You trace the path of electrons as they do a complete circuit. If an electron can travel through [the elements in] one branch without having to also pass through [the elements in] a second branch, than those two branches are parallel. This assumes that you know how electrons travel: they keep moving towards the highest (i.e., the most positive or least negative) potential.

1. What is the difference between a series-parallel circuit and a parallel circuit?

A series-parallel circuit is a combination of series and parallel circuits. In a series circuit, the components are connected in a single path, while in a parallel circuit, the components are connected in multiple paths. A series-parallel circuit has some components connected in series and others connected in parallel.

2. How does the voltage and current behave in a series-parallel circuit?

In a series-parallel circuit, the voltage remains the same across all components connected in parallel, while the current is divided between the components. In a series circuit, the voltage is divided between the components, while the current remains the same throughout.

3. Can you give an example of a series-parallel circuit?

One example of a series-parallel circuit is a household circuit. The outlets in a room are connected in parallel, while the lights in the same room are connected in series. This allows for multiple devices to be used simultaneously without affecting the voltage of the circuit.

4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of a series-parallel circuit?

The advantage of a series-parallel circuit is that it combines the benefits of both series and parallel circuits. It allows for more complex circuit configurations and can handle higher voltages and currents. However, a series-parallel circuit can be more complex to design and troubleshoot compared to a simple series or parallel circuit.

5. How do you calculate the total resistance in a series-parallel circuit?

To calculate the total resistance in a series-parallel circuit, you need to first determine the total resistance of the components connected in series. Then, use the formula for calculating total resistance in parallel circuits to find the equivalent resistance of the parallel components. Finally, use the formula for total resistance in series circuits to find the overall total resistance of the series-parallel circuit.