Advertisement obscuring some boards in the forum

• Complaint
  • Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, there is a problem occurring on physicsforums where an advertisement for "First 5 California" is obscuring some forum boards. This issue is happening on Google Chrome and Firefox 6, but not on Internet Explorer 9. One user has also noticed this problem on Firefox 6 on Windows Vista. A screenshot has been provided to illustrate the issue.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Some of the boards of forums in physicsforums are becoming obscured from one of the advertisements. The ad doing this where I am is First 5 California; maybe other visitors are seeing this same problem with a different advertisement? The problem here is occurring at least with Google Chrome, and with Firefox 6. I do not yet remember if this happened when I used Internet Explorer.

Physics news on Phys.org
Borek said:

There was an advertisement showing in that link, but it was a different product or service than the "First 5 California" one which was disturbing my view.

Currently at the moment, I am using I.E. 9 with Windows Vista, and the problem does not seem to be happening. I'll keep checking with these conditions for a few more tries.

Here is the same thing happening again, through Firefox version 6.02, Windows Vista.
(uploaded as attachment).

Actually this was not obscuring too badly, maybe depends on resolution and magnification on the other machine to some extent, but at least the picture shows a representation of the problem.

Attachments

• pf_first5obscure.jpg
    pf_first5obscure.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 440
symbolipoint said:
There was an advertisement showing in that link, but it was a different product or service than the "First 5 California" one which was disturbing my view.

I was referring to the problem described in the thread, not to the picture you could see when following the link, sorry for not being precise.

But it is Greg who has to see your screenshot.

1. How do advertisements obscure boards in a forum?

Advertisements can obscure boards in a forum by being placed in a position that covers or overlaps the boards, making it difficult or impossible for users to access or view the boards.

2. Why do advertisements obscure boards in a forum?

Advertisements are often placed in strategic positions on a forum to attract the attention of users and generate revenue for the forum owner. However, if not properly placed or managed, they can end up obscuring important content on the forum.

3. Can I disable or remove the advertisements that are obscuring the boards?

This depends on the forum and its policies. Some forums may allow users to disable or remove advertisements by upgrading to a premium account or using ad-blocking software. However, other forums may require users to view the advertisements in order to access the boards.

4. How can I report or address the issue of advertisements obscuring boards in a forum?

If you are experiencing this issue, you can report it to the forum moderator or administrator. They may be able to adjust the placement of the advertisements or address any technical issues causing them to obscure the boards. You can also provide feedback to the forum owner about the impact of these advertisements on your user experience.

5. Are there any regulations or guidelines for the placement of advertisements on forums?

There are no specific regulations or guidelines for the placement of advertisements on forums, but many forums have their own policies and guidelines in place. It is important for forum owners to consider the user experience and ensure that advertisements do not obscure important content or impede user navigation. Additionally, some countries have laws and regulations regarding online advertising, so it is important for forum owners to be aware of these when placing advertisements.