Exploring NAND Technology for Semitech Job Application

In summary, the conversation is about a person who applied for a job at a semitech company that makes NAND memory. They are looking for a good book or source to find detailed information on the structure of NAND memory and how probe data is collected and interpreted. The job posting also mentioned probe and param, which the person is not familiar with. They are also interested in learning more about how NAND memory functions.
Bhumble
I applied for a job at a semitech company that makes NAND. Anyone know of a good book or source that I can find detailed structure information. The job posting also mentioned probe and param, which I don't know details about. Any help is appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Title: Probe Parametric Engineer
About IM Flash Technologies:
IM Flash Technologies is a joint venture of Micron Technology and Intel, formed to manufacture NAND Flash memory for use in consumer electronics, removable storage, and handheld communication devices.
http://utah.jobs/lehi-ut/probe-parametric-engineer/28948293/job/ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help. I'm looking more for details about how probe data is collected and interpreted.

And any information on how NAND memory functions and the specific structure.

This is somewhat similar to the job I applied for.

1. What is NAND technology?

NAND technology is a type of non-volatile memory technology that is commonly used in electronic devices such as USB drives, solid-state drives, and memory cards. It stores data by using a series of connected transistors to create a binary code, allowing for a faster and more efficient way of storing and retrieving data.

2. How is NAND technology different from other types of memory technology?

NAND technology differs from other types of memory technology such as NOR and DRAM because it uses a series of connected transistors to store data, rather than a single transistor. This allows for a higher storage density and lower cost, making NAND technology more suitable for storing large amounts of data.

3. What are the advantages of using NAND technology?

NAND technology offers several advantages, including high storage capacity, fast read and write speeds, and low cost. It also has a longer lifespan compared to other types of memory technology, making it a reliable option for long-term data storage.

4. How is NAND technology used in the Semitech job application?

NAND technology is used in the Semitech job application in the development of semiconductor devices. This includes using NAND flash memory in products such as microcontrollers and sensors, as well as researching and implementing new NAND technologies to improve product performance and reliability.

5. What skills and knowledge are required for exploring NAND technology in the Semitech job application?

To explore NAND technology for the Semitech job application, a strong understanding of electronic engineering and semiconductor devices is necessary. Knowledge of programming languages and experience with data analysis and testing is also beneficial. Additionally, critical thinking and problem-solving skills are important for researching and implementing new NAND technologies.