Need a place to find nuclear data

In summary, there are various reliable sources available for obtaining nuclear data, including government agencies, academic institutions, and research organizations. These sources provide comprehensive and up-to-date data on nuclear energy, nuclear weapons, and nuclear materials, as well as information on nuclear accidents and incidents. Some popular sources include the International Atomic Energy Agency, the World Nuclear Association, and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. These sources are essential for researchers, policymakers, and anyone seeking to understand and analyze nuclear-related topics.
vuser88
Hello

Im working on a project and I am looking for a place to find nuclear data.

For example I'm Interested in Ferromagnetic substances in which the nuclear decay decreases by unit through Electron Capture

Is there a place where i could sort data like this?
Any info would be appreciated

Physics news on Phys.org
See - http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/chart/reColor.jsp?newColor=dm

The blue colour denotes EC or e+ emission. Find Fe, Co, Ni, and use Zoom 1 to zoom in and look at specific decay modes. In general, EC is preferred to e+ emission.

Astronuc said:
See - http://www.nndc.bnl.gov/chart/reColor.jsp?newColor=dm

The blue colour denotes EC or e+ emission. Find Fe, Co, Ni, and use Zoom 1 to zoom in and look at specific decay modes. In general, EC is preferred to e+ emission.

Hey thanks, can the hyperfine splitting for different nuclei also be found on this site?

For example if I wanted to find the Hyperfine splitting of Cobalt 57, I figure bnl would have all of this... thanks a bunch

Last edited:

1. Where can I find reliable sources for nuclear data?

There are several reputable sources for nuclear data, including the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the National Nuclear Data Center (NNDC), and the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). These organizations have databases and publications that contain data on nuclear reactions, properties of nuclei, and other relevant information.

2. How can I access nuclear data for specific elements or isotopes?

The IAEA, NNDC, and CERN databases allow you to search for nuclear data by element, isotope, or reaction type. You can also use online tools such as the Evaluated Nuclear Data File (ENDF) to access data for specific isotopes.

3. Is there a cost associated with accessing nuclear data?

Most nuclear data sources are freely available to the public, but some may require a subscription or payment for access to certain databases or publications. However, there are also many open-access databases and resources available for nuclear data.

4. Can I use nuclear data for my research or experiments?

Yes, nuclear data is used extensively in research and experiments in the field of nuclear physics and engineering. However, it is important to properly cite the source of the data and ensure its accuracy and reliability before using it in your work.

5. Are there any limitations to the use of nuclear data?

Nuclear data is constantly being updated and improved, so it is important to use the most recent and accurate data available. Some data may also have limitations in its applicability to different conditions or scenarios, so it is important to carefully evaluate the data and its sources before use.