Planning Exercise - really

• Thread starter Hello
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exercise
In summary, the conversation is about designing a laboratory experiment to investigate how the electrical resistance of a house brick changes with temperature. The engineer needs to know what equipment is available, how to measure current and temperature, and the resistivity of the brick. They are both looking for quick advice as the assignment is due in 2 days.
Hello
Here is all of the question and the help it gives that i need help with:

Help the question gives:

When lightning strikes a building the results can be very dramatic. The current in the bricks may cause considerable heating of the bricks followed by rapid expansion and failer of the structure. An engineer investigating this effect wishes to know how the electrical resistance of the house brick changes with temperature.

What I have to do:

Design a laboratory experiment to investigate how the resistance of a house brick varies with temperature in the range 20 degrees celcius to 800 degrees celcius. It is known that the resistance of the brick is very high. The brick is of a non uniform shape and the resistance is to be measured across the end faces P and Q.

Physics news on Phys.org
Okay, what are YOUR thoughts on this. For one thing, what kind of equipment do you have available?

We have standard laboratory equipment but we don't really need to do the experiment just to plan it out.

The things I really need do know how to do are how to measure the current across the cross sectional area of the brick, how to heat the brick up and how to measure the temperature. I know that to get a measurable resistance I must use a galvanometer to measure the current and a EHT power supply. Also do you have any idea of what the resisitivity of a brick is as this will help my experiment.

Fast advice woulkd be greatly appreciated as it has to be handed in 2 days from now!

yeah i need the same help- kinda stumped on this.

What is the purpose of planning exercise?

The purpose of planning exercise is to create a structured approach to achieving a specific goal or objective. It involves identifying potential obstacles, developing strategies to overcome them, and setting a timeline for completion.

What are the benefits of planning exercise?

Planning exercise helps to improve time management skills, increase productivity, and reduce stress by providing a clear direction and focus. It also allows for better decision making and helps to identify potential risks in advance.

What are the key elements of a successful planning exercise?

The key elements of a successful planning exercise include setting specific and achievable goals, breaking down the process into smaller tasks, setting a realistic timeline, and regularly reviewing and adjusting the plan as needed.

How can I stay motivated while planning and executing my exercise plan?

One way to stay motivated is to create a visual representation of your progress, such as a checklist or a chart. It can also be helpful to have an accountability partner or join a support group to stay motivated and on track.

What should I do if my plan needs to be adjusted during the exercise?

If your plan needs to be adjusted, take a step back and assess the situation. Identify the reasons for the change and adjust your plan accordingly. It is important to be flexible and make necessary changes to ensure the success of your overall goal.