Crazy observation on Ragestache Comics

In summary, the original poster found a strange observation on Ragestache Comics and asked for an explanation as to how one can retain the troll face even after some time. They also questioned if this idea can be used to improve memory. However, it was clarified that this phenomenon is not related to the comic and is instead caused by negative afterimages, which occur when the eye's photoreceptors adapt and lose sensitivity after looking at a bright or dark image. Some additional afterimages were also shared for reference.
svrphy
I just found this weird observation in Ragestache Comics. Anybody care to explain to me why one can Retain the troll face even after sometime ?? (Eg. I could Retain the figure in my mind for more than 4.5 mins ).http://cdn.ragestache.com/2012/1/23/ragestache.com_30398_1329012006.jpg BTW, could this idea be used to memorise things better ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
This happens anytime you look at a light or dark image then look away, nothing to do with this comic.

Negative afterimages are caused when the eye's photoreceptors, primarily those known as cone cells, adapt from the overstimulation and lose sensitivity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterimage

1. What is the most common theme in "Crazy observation on Ragestache Comics"?

The most common theme in "Crazy observation on Ragestache Comics" is the absurd and humorous observations people make about everyday situations.

2. Are these observations based on real-life experiences or purely fictional?

It is a mix of both. Some of the observations may be based on real-life experiences, while others are purely fictional and exaggerated for comedic effect.

3. How do these comics use satire to convey their message?

Many of the "Crazy observation on Ragestache Comics" use satire to poke fun at societal norms and behaviors. They often take a common situation and exaggerate it to highlight its absurdity.

4. Are there any underlying messages or themes in these comics?

While the main purpose of these comics is to entertain and make people laugh, there are often underlying messages or themes about society, relationships, and human behavior. These messages may be subtle and open to interpretation.

5. Who are the primary audience for "Crazy observation on Ragestache Comics"?

The primary audience for these comics are young adults and teenagers who enjoy humor and satire. However, people of all ages can enjoy them as they often touch on universal experiences and observations.