Fruit Loops Complaint: "Build Up of Ingredients

• Thread starter Office_Shredder
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Build
In summary, a person's girlfriend found rodent feces in her Fruit Loops and filed a complaint. The company responded by saying the feces were actually a build up of ingredients and included some coupons. However, the person doesn't understand what the ingredients could be. Another person suggests they smell the feces to determine if it is from a mouse. This conversation then leads to a story about a near-catastrophic failure on a carnival ride and receiving free tickets as compensation. The conversation ends with a sarcastic comment about wanting more carnival rides after nearly dying on one.
Office_Shredder
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
My girlfriend found several little black cylinders that looked like rodent feces in her Fruit Loops the other day, so she sent them a complaint about it. They replied back saying that the cylinders were "a build up of ingredients" and a couple of coupons that nobody who got mouse poop in their cereal would ever want to use. I don't even understand what they're trying to say this was made out of, does anybody here have any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hard to say. This may sound gross (but hey we're all scientists here, right?) - how do they smell? Mousy dung has a distinctive aroma :yuck:.

Reminds me of the time I went to the state fair and went on the Ferris Wheel. It had a near-catastrophic failure. It took a while for the carnies to get us down, but once we were on terra firma the carnival company "rewarded" us with dozens of free tickets, for more rides. Because when you nearly die on a carnival ride, the first thing you want when you get off is...more carnival rides! Yay!

So...your gf eats Fruit Loops.

1. What ingredients are found in Fruit Loops that can cause build up?

Fruit Loops contain a variety of ingredients such as sugar, corn flour, wheat flour, corn syrup, and artificial colors and flavors. These ingredients, especially sugar and corn syrup, can contribute to a build up of residue in the mouth.

2. Can the build up from Fruit Loops cause any health concerns?

The build up from Fruit Loops is primarily a cosmetic issue and is not known to cause any significant health concerns. However, it is important to maintain good oral hygiene and brush your teeth regularly to prevent any potential issues.

3. How can I prevent build up from Fruit Loops?

You can prevent build up from Fruit Loops by rinsing your mouth with water after consuming them and brushing your teeth thoroughly afterwards. It is also important to limit your intake of sugary and processed foods to maintain good oral health.

4. Is there a difference in build up between original Fruit Loops and the reduced sugar version?

The reduced sugar version of Fruit Loops may have a lower risk of causing build up due to the lower sugar content. However, it still contains other ingredients that can contribute to residue in the mouth, so it is important to maintain good oral hygiene regardless of the version you consume.

5. Are there any alternatives to Fruit Loops that have less build up?

There are many cereals available that have lower sugar and processed ingredient content compared to Fruit Loops. Some examples include oatmeal, bran flakes, and whole grain cereal. Additionally, incorporating more fresh fruits and vegetables into your diet can also help reduce the risk of build up in the mouth.