Hey I posted in homework help but now it's gone

In summary: The Mentor Team.In summary, we delete homework or homework-like problems that do not show any effort at solving the problem in order to maintain a high standard of quality for the forum. We also have a notification system in place to help students understand why their post was deleted and to learn from their mistakes. It is important to follow the general rules and guidelines posted on the forum to maintain a safe and respectful environment for all users. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
Homework Statement
NA
Relevant Equations
NA
If you posted a homework problem, and you don't see it any more, it might have been deleted by one of the mentors. The mentors routinely delete homework or homework-like problems where you haven't shown any effort at solving the problem. If your post is deleted for this reason, the mentor will also send you a warning notification which explains why your post was deleted.

You can see these notifications by clicking the Envelope personal message icon at the top of any page here. If you've received new notifications that you haven't read yet, there should be a little red badge "stuck" on the Envelope icon, showing the number of new notifications. The forum software calls them "Conversations."

Mentors also delete homework (or homework-like) problems that are posted in forum sections other than the Homework & Coursework section, or for other rules violations. To see our general rules, click the INFO link at the top of any page here, and choose "Terms and Rules." Or you can click this link:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/

Scroll down to the section "Homework Guidelines."

Also note the "Guidelines for Students and Helpers" which is posted near the top of each of the homework forums, for example:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/guidelines-for-students-and-helpers.686781/

(last updated Nov 30, 2021 by Mark44)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am part of the team of mentors responsible for moderating the forum and ensuring that it remains a valuable resource for all users. As you mentioned, we do delete homework or homework-like problems that do not show any effort at solving the problem. This is to encourage students to think critically and to put in the necessary effort to understand the concepts being taught.

I understand that it can be frustrating to have your post deleted, but please know that we do this in the best interest of all users. We want to maintain a high standard of quality for the forum and ensure that it remains a place where students can come to learn and receive help.

I also appreciate you mentioning the notification system for deleted posts. This is a helpful tool for students to understand why their post was deleted and to learn from their mistakes. Additionally, I would like to highlight the general rules and guidelines that are posted on the forum. These rules are in place to ensure that the forum remains a safe and respectful space for all users.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We value your contributions to the forum and hope that you continue to use it as a valuable resource for your studies.