Relationships: Is It Being Ignored?

• Thread starter Kawakaze
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of the relationships section of a website, noting that it is relatively new and separated from the general discussion forum. The possibility of further categorizing the relationships section into more specific sub-forums is also brought up. The conversation also mentions the reason for the separation and the conversation ends on a humorous note.
Kawakaze
I just saw that relationships is the only part of the entire website without thousands upon thousands of posts. Co-incidence? I think not! Would ignoring this sub-forum be indicative of ignoring the opposite sex in pursuit of something else?

Physics news on Phys.org
Relationships is a relatively new sub-forum, split off from GD. Give it time.

turbo-1 said:
Relationships is a relatively new sub-forum, split off from GD. Give it time.

Exactly. It was split off because there were *so* many relationship threads popping up in GD. Some members became annoyed at repeated questions like, "Should I kiss her, or what?"

I think it was a good decision to make it a separate forum.

Oh, I thought the forums were all the same age. I am a stereotypical awkward nerd so I found it quite fitting that a relationship section on a physics forum would be a little on the lean side! The world needs more Howard Wolowitz's :)

I wonder what would happen if the relationships section was split up into multiple sub sub-forums. E.g. sex and sexuality, friendship, family issues, pets, professional collegiality, and neighbors for example.

1. What are some signs that my partner is ignoring me in our relationship?

Some signs that your partner may be ignoring you in your relationship include not responding to your messages or calls, canceling plans frequently, not showing interest in your life or feelings, and avoiding physical intimacy.

2. Why do people ignore their partners in relationships?

People may ignore their partners in relationships for various reasons, such as feeling overwhelmed with personal issues, lack of communication skills, or loss of interest in the relationship. It can also be a defense mechanism to avoid conflict or difficult conversations.

3. How can I communicate with my partner if I feel like they are ignoring me?

Open and honest communication is essential in any relationship. If you feel like your partner is ignoring you, try to have a calm and respectful conversation about your feelings. Express your concerns and listen to their perspective as well. It's important to avoid accusing or blaming them, as this can lead to defensiveness.

4. Is ignoring someone a form of emotional abuse in a relationship?

Ignoring someone can be a form of emotional abuse in a relationship, especially if it is done consistently and intentionally to manipulate or control the other person. It can also be a sign of neglect and lack of care for the other person's feelings.

5. Can a relationship survive if one partner is constantly ignoring the other?

It is possible for a relationship to survive if one partner is constantly ignoring the other, but it is not healthy. Both partners need to be willing to address and work on the issue together through communication and possibly seeking outside help, such as couples therapy. If the issue is not addressed, it can lead to resentment and the deterioration of the relationship over time.