How to Connect a Live Feed Video Camera for Full Face Helmets - Iron Patriot

In summary, to connect a live feed video camera to your full face helmet, you will need to purchase a helmet mount specifically designed for your camera model and follow the manufacturer's instructions for attaching it. Not all live feed video cameras are compatible with full face helmets, so it is important to check the specifications before attempting to connect them. Before use, double check that the camera is securely attached to the mount and regularly check throughout use. Most mounts allow for some adjustment of the camera's angle, but make sure to do so before wearing the helmet and ensure the camera is still securely attached. It is important to follow safety precautions and prioritize your safety when using a live feed video camera on your helmet.
IronPatriot
Hey guys,

I am making a full face helmet which uses a small hd camera to display a live feed on a 5" hd screen inside.

My question is simply, how would i connect the camera to the screen? It only has to display a live feed while the battery is on and not record/store on a HDD.

Thanks
Iron Patriot

Engineering news on Phys.org
What kind of video output on the camera? and what kind of video input on the screen? Define those and I think your problem sort of solves itself, or at least becomes a better defined problem.

1. How do I connect a live feed video camera to my full face helmet?

To connect a live feed video camera to your full face helmet, you will need to purchase a helmet mount specifically designed for your camera model. Once you have the mount, simply follow the manufacturer's instructions for attaching it to your helmet. Then, use the appropriate cables to connect your camera to the mount and ensure it is securely attached before use.

2. Can I use any type of live feed video camera for my full face helmet?

No, not all live feed video cameras are compatible with full face helmets. It is important to check the specifications of your helmet mount and camera to ensure they are compatible before attempting to connect them. Using an incompatible camera may result in it not fitting securely or compromising the safety of your helmet.

3. How do I ensure the live feed video camera is securely attached to my helmet?

Before use, make sure to double check that the camera is securely attached to your helmet mount. You can do this by gently pulling on the camera to ensure it does not move or detach. It is also important to regularly check the attachments throughout use, especially if you are engaging in high-intensity activities.

4. Can I adjust the angle of the live feed video camera once it is attached to my helmet?

Yes, most helmet mounts allow for some degree of adjustment to the camera's angle. This can usually be done by loosening and tightening screws or using a swivel mechanism. However, it is important to make any adjustments before wearing the helmet and ensure the camera is still securely attached afterwards.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a live feed video camera on my full face helmet?

Yes, it is important to always follow the manufacturer's instructions for use and safety precautions. Additionally, always make sure the camera is securely attached to your helmet and avoid using it in situations that may compromise your safety, such as extreme sports or activities with a high risk of impact. Always prioritize your safety when using a live feed video camera on your helmet.