Video Lectures for Quantum Mechanics?

In summary, the conversation is about online resources for physics lectures. The participants discuss various sources, including Leonard Susskind's lectures on YouTube, a quantum mechanics course on iTunes U by Oxford University, and other sources such as UCSD's physics course and NPTEL course. The quality and depth of Susskind's lectures are questioned, and the conversation ends with recommendations for other sources.
physiker99
Are there any? If so, which are the best ones?

(Upper Division Undergrad)

Physics news on Phys.org
Leonard Susskind has a series of lectures on youtube through Stanford:
If you are looking at graduate lectures I would recommend the following: http://pirsa.org/C09021/2

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for links, kevin.
Graduate classses are way out of my league, but do you know if Susskind's lectures are just introductory or they cover QM topics in depth so that I can use them as a major source of study

I'm not sure, the fact is I'm a high school student so I'm probably not the best person to assess the quality of the lectures although I'm extremely interested in Physics and I usually know where to find the lectures and answer some of the less complex questions occasionally.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are video lectures for Quantum Mechanics?

Video lectures for Quantum Mechanics are educational videos that cover the fundamental concepts and principles of Quantum Mechanics. They are designed to provide a visual and interactive learning experience for students studying this complex subject.

2. Who can benefit from watching video lectures for Quantum Mechanics?

Anyone interested in learning about Quantum Mechanics can benefit from watching these video lectures. They are particularly useful for students studying physics, engineering, or other related fields.

3. Are video lectures for Quantum Mechanics a replacement for traditional lectures?

No, video lectures for Quantum Mechanics are not meant to replace traditional lectures. They are meant to supplement traditional lectures and provide students with an additional resource for learning and understanding the subject.

4. How can I access video lectures for Quantum Mechanics?

Video lectures for Quantum Mechanics can be accessed through various online platforms and educational websites. Some universities also offer these lectures as part of their online courses.

5. Can I pause and rewind video lectures for Quantum Mechanics?

Yes, one of the benefits of video lectures is that you can pause, rewind, and rewatch as many times as needed. This allows you to learn at your own pace and review difficult concepts multiple times.