Best engineering schools on the world. ( not by QS ranking)

In summary, there is no clear answer to which university is better for engineering, as it depends on individual preferences and goals. However, some top universities for engineering include MIT, Tokyo Institute of Technology, and ETH Zurich.
mimethic
I was considering about best engineering schools. USA universities are best we have to admit it. Unfortunately i can not get a scholarship to study on MIT so... pity.
I have to chose between Japanese Universities and Swiss Universities...

You as more advanced students. professors would you be so kind and tell me one simple thing.
Is there anything like better or worse universitie? What I was considering is " do I have to study at MIT or TODAI or... Zurich federal Universitie... to be good engineer..." . I am really chaotic in explaining my problems, so if something is unclear inform me ;)

Physics news on Phys.org
There is no one definitive answer to your question. It really depends on what type of engineering you want to pursue and what kind of learning environment you prefer. Each university has its strengths and weaknesses, and what may be the "best" for one person may not be the same for someone else. That being said, some universities are generally considered to be among the best in the world for engineering, including MIT, Tokyo Institute of Technology, and ETH Zurich. It is important to do your own research and determine which university offers the best program for you.

1. What criteria should I consider when determining the best engineering schools in the world?

When evaluating the best engineering schools in the world, it is important to consider factors such as academic reputation, faculty credentials, research opportunities, industry partnerships, and job placement rates. You should also look at the specific engineering programs offered and the school's overall resources and facilities for engineering students.

2. How can I find information on the top engineering schools that may not be ranked by QS?

While QS rankings are a good starting point, they may not include all top engineering schools in the world. You can also look at other reputable rankings, such as those from US News & World Report or Times Higher Education. Additionally, you can research individual engineering schools and their programs to get a better understanding of their overall quality and reputation.

3. Are there any specific countries or regions known for having the best engineering schools?

It is difficult to determine one specific country or region as the best for engineering schools, as there are top-ranked schools located all over the world. However, countries such as the United States, United Kingdom, and Japan are known for having a high concentration of top engineering schools.

4. How important is it to consider the specific field of engineering when looking at the best schools?

The specific field of engineering can greatly impact the quality and reputation of a school. Some schools may excel in certain fields, such as mechanical engineering or computer science, while others may have a strong overall engineering program. It is important to consider your specific interests and career goals when evaluating the best engineering schools for you.

5. Are there any lesser-known engineering schools that should be considered among the best in the world?

While some schools may not have as high of a ranking or global recognition, they can still offer top-quality engineering programs. It is important to do thorough research and consider factors beyond just rankings when determining the best engineering schools in the world. You may discover hidden gems that are not as well-known but still offer exceptional education and opportunities in the field of engineering.