Is it possible to upload any type of file to PF?

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
In summary, Cyrus is asking if it is possible to upload any type of file, such as a Word or PDF document, in addition to pictures on a limited size. He believes it would be more convenient to combine text and pictures in one file rather than posting multiple pictures and resizing them. Evo responds that Word and PDF files are accepted, but the maximum file size is small and there is no advantage in adding pictures to another file type if they were too large to upload in the first place.
Cyrus
Sorry, I know this isint the place for this, but I don't know where to put it. I know I can upload (limited size) pictures, is it possible to upload any file, such as a word or pdf file? It would be easier to put a pic and text all in one word file sometimes than posting ten pictures and referring to them, and rescaling all of them.

Thanks,

Cyrus

Physics news on Phys.org
cyrusabdollahi said:
Sorry, I know this isint the place for this, but I don't know where to put it. I know I can upload (limited size) pictures, is it possible to upload any file, such as a word or pdf file? It would be easier to put a pic and text all in one word file sometimes than posting ten pictures and referring to them, and rescaling all of them.

Thanks,

Cyrus
Word and PDF are accepted, but the maximum file size is pretty small, and if the original picture size was too large to upload, I don't see any advantage in adding them to another file type.

Thanks Evo,

Cyrus

1. How do I upload a file to PF - Cyrus?

To upload a file to PF - Cyrus, you can use a file transfer protocol (FTP) client such as FileZilla or Cyberduck. Connect to the PF - Cyrus server using your login credentials, navigate to the directory where you want to upload the file, and then drag and drop the file into the directory.

2. What is the maximum file size that can be uploaded to PF - Cyrus?

The maximum file size that can be uploaded to PF - Cyrus is 100MB. If you need to upload a larger file, you can use a file splitting tool to break the file into smaller parts and then upload them individually.

3. Are there any restrictions on the types of files that can be uploaded to PF - Cyrus?

Yes, there are restrictions on the types of files that can be uploaded to PF - Cyrus. The server does not support executable files or files with certain extensions that may pose a security risk. It is recommended to only upload standard document, image, or video files.

4. How long will my uploaded files be stored on PF - Cyrus?

Your uploaded files will be stored on PF - Cyrus for as long as your account remains active. If your account is inactive for an extended period of time, your files may be deleted to free up server space. It is recommended to regularly download and backup your files to prevent loss.

5. Can I upload multiple files at once to PF - Cyrus?

Yes, you can upload multiple files at once to PF - Cyrus using an FTP client. You can also use the web interface to upload multiple files, but it may be slower and less efficient than using an FTP client. Alternatively, you can compress multiple files into a zip folder and upload them as a single file.