Can LED Shift Indicators Be Created Without Arduino?

• Thread starter chess0990
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Led Shift
In summary, the conversation discusses creating a manual shift override for an automatic transmission. The speaker has most of the design completed but is unsure how to begin the second half. They are considering using a circuit with 4 LEDs to indicate which gear they are in and are wondering if this can be done without an Arduino. The other person suggests using a frequency to voltage converter and comparator circuit to compare the engine speed with the drive shaft speed.
chess0990
hello I'm working on a manual shift override on an automatic transmission i have most of my design completed but have no clue where to begin the second half. the idea is to create something to tell me what gear i am in, i wanted to connect a circuit in parallel to the triggers for shifting to where clicking the up-shift trigger moves from one led to the next in the right direction and vise-verse for the downshift trigger, in all it would be 4 leds in total because it is a for gear transmission. could this be done without arduino? any ideas on how to do it?

any help is much appreciated so thank you very much in advanced

fin.png

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
depending upon the type of drive (ie front/ rear) you may be able to compare the rotational speeds of the engine versus the rotational speed of the driveshaft (gear ratios). With that, a frequency to voltage converter with a comparator circuit to compare scalar values of the engine speed with the drive shaft might work

What is a "Led shift setup"?

A Led shift setup refers to the process of configuring and setting up a Led display or lighting system. This involves connecting the Led lights or panels, programming the display patterns, and ensuring that the system is functioning properly.

What is the purpose of a Led shift setup?

The purpose of a Led shift setup is to create a visually appealing and functional display for various applications such as advertising, entertainment, or information. The setup allows for customization and control of the Led lights to achieve the desired effect.

What are the key components of a Led shift setup?

The key components of a Led shift setup include the Led lights or panels, a controller or software, power supply, and necessary cables or connectors. Other components may include mounting hardware, amplifiers, and sensors depending on the specific setup.

What are the important factors to consider when setting up a Led shift?

Some important factors to consider when setting up a Led shift include the location and environment where the display will be used, the type of content or messages to be displayed, the size and resolution of the Led panels, and the available budget and resources.

Can I set up a Led shift on my own, or do I need professional help?

The complexity of a Led shift setup may vary depending on the specific setup and the experience of the individual. While some setups may be simple and can be done by individuals with basic technical knowledge, others may require professional help. It is recommended to consult with experts for more complex setups to ensure proper installation and functionality.