Evolutionary computing bibliography [Deadline- ]

In summary, the conversation is about the urgent need for a bibliography for an introductory article on Evolutionary computing. The focus is on comparing it to the traditional paradigm and Lamarckism vs Darwinism. The person is requesting historically important papers and introductory monographs for the bibliography. They mention that the article is at a basic level and meant for students from all departments. The conversation ends with someone suggesting to check Wikipedia for references.
loom91
Evolutionary computing bibliography [Deadline-urgent]

Hi,

For my college magazine I'm writing an introductory article on Evolutionary computing, with the focus being on drawing parallels between Evolutionary computing vs the traditional paradigm and Lamarckism vs Darwinism. The problem is that, as always, the deadline is already over and I'm living on borrowed time. I'll be very grateful if you could give me the names of a few historically important papers and introductory monographs to put in the bibliography. Nothing deep or extensive is necessary, the article is at a very basic level and meant for students from all departments (including Architecture or Geology). Thanks a lot. I hope this is not against scholastic ethics or anything.

Molu

Technology news on Phys.org

I am sure you already have looked, but most Wikipedia articles include a list of references (at the bottom) that can often be better than the Wikipedia article itself.

I've submitted the article already.

What is evolutionary computing?

Evolutionary computing is a subfield of artificial intelligence that uses principles from biological evolution and genetics to develop algorithms and computer programs that can solve complex problems.

What is the purpose of an evolutionary computing bibliography?

The purpose of an evolutionary computing bibliography is to provide a comprehensive list of all the relevant literature and resources related to evolutionary computing. It can serve as a reference for researchers and students interested in the topic.

How is an evolutionary computing bibliography created?

An evolutionary computing bibliography is created by collecting and organizing relevant publications, such as research papers, books, and conference proceedings, on the topic of evolutionary computing. This can be done manually or through automated tools and databases.

What are the benefits of using an evolutionary computing bibliography?

Using an evolutionary computing bibliography can save time and effort in finding relevant literature and resources on the topic. It can also help researchers and students to stay updated on the latest developments and advancements in the field.

Can an evolutionary computing bibliography be considered a reliable source of information?

Yes, an evolutionary computing bibliography can be considered a reliable source of information as it is created by experts in the field and includes peer-reviewed publications. However, it is important to critically evaluate the sources included in the bibliography and consider other sources as well.