Can someone write me a small wxPython program - Simple calculation

In summary, the conversation discusses the creation of a GUI calculator for an astronomy project. The user is seeking help in creating the program and is willing to pay for it. However, it is suggested to use a simple script with command line inputs instead of a GUI. This would still effectively perform the calculations and give a good impression.
nukeman
Hey guys,

I started toying around with Python and wxpython with the help from people here. I'm moving along the tutorials, but I am working on an astronomy project that will require the program I wanted to make impossible, in terms of how long it would take me to learn to proper code.

(this program has nothing to do with school)

All I need is a GUI calculator with imputs.

The variables are for example

Please enter the number of gigahertz

after you imput that, it will ask

Please enter the distance between hot spots

and when it does this calculation, it automatically timeses by 2

so it will calculate the number of gigahertz x (distance between hot spots x 2)

And it gives an answer.

Can anyone do this for me? I can pay you a couple bucks if you need it.

Technology news on Phys.org
I think the wxPython tutorial has code for an example calculator.

I don't think you should use a GUI for this.

Just write a simple script that let's you input parameters through the command line.

That way you can call the script, it will ask you the input requirements above and the user can enter them. Followed by the calculations being performed.

It will do the job perfectly well and let's face it, it will look good if you use the command line and talk about the scripts. They'll think you just took a GUI base from the net.

I agree. Just run it through the CLI or IDLE.

1. What is wxPython?

wxPython is a free and open-source GUI toolkit that is used to create desktop applications with a graphical user interface. It is based on the popular wxWidgets library and uses the Python programming language.

2. Can someone write me a small wxPython program?

Yes, there are many programmers and developers who are proficient in using wxPython and can write small programs for you. You can find them on freelancing websites or online communities dedicated to wxPython.

3. What is a simple calculation in wxPython?

A simple calculation in wxPython refers to a basic mathematical operation, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division, that is performed within a wxPython program. It can also involve using variables and user input to perform the calculation.

4. How can I learn to write a small wxPython program myself?

There are various online resources available, such as tutorials, documentation, and forums, that can help you learn how to write a small wxPython program. You can also practice by following step-by-step guides and experimenting with code.

5. Is wxPython suitable for complex calculations?

Yes, wxPython can be used for complex calculations as it offers a wide range of built-in functions and supports third-party libraries for advanced mathematical operations. It also allows for creating custom widgets and interfaces to handle complex calculations efficiently.