Air valve for Arduino platform

In summary, the conversation is about finding a small and light air valve that can be activated by the arduino platform and run on batteries. It needs to switch from closed to open position when given a "go" signal and handle low pressure. Any suggestions for where to find such a valve? The response suggests using an old solenoid valve and provides a code example for activating it with the arduino platform.
Alexa_2012
Hi guys, I am looking for a small and light air valve that can be activated by the arduino platform and can run on batteries. Once the valve gets the “go”signal it needs to switch (speed doesn’t matter) from a closed to an open position. The pressure to handle is low, i.e. <2 bar. It only needs to open once.
Any suggestions where I can find valves like this? Thanks for your help.
Alexa

Engineering news on Phys.org
any old solenoid valve should do the trick.

if(condition)
{pin 1 voltage = high;
wait 500 milliseconds;
pin 1 voltage = low;
}

or something like that, I'm not that familiar with arduino platform

1. What is an air valve for Arduino platform?

An air valve for Arduino platform is a device that controls the flow of air in a pneumatic system using an Arduino microcontroller. It is used to turn on and off the air supply to different components in a system, such as actuators or air cylinders.

2. How does an air valve for Arduino platform work?

An air valve for Arduino platform works by receiving signals from the Arduino microcontroller, which controls the opening and closing of the valve. When the valve is opened, air can flow through the system and activate the desired components. When the valve is closed, the air flow is stopped, and the components return to their original state.

3. What are the benefits of using an air valve for Arduino platform?

Using an air valve for Arduino platform offers several benefits, including precise control over air flow, the ability to automate processes, and cost-effectiveness. With the use of an Arduino microcontroller, the air valve can be easily integrated into existing systems and can be programmed to perform complex tasks.

4. Can an air valve for Arduino platform be used in industrial applications?

Yes, an air valve for Arduino platform can be used in industrial applications. It is commonly used in automation and control systems, such as in manufacturing plants, to control the flow of air to various components. It is also used in pneumatic machinery, such as robotics, to control movement and perform specific tasks.

5. How do I choose the right air valve for my Arduino project?

When choosing an air valve for your Arduino project, you should consider factors such as the required air flow rate, pressure range, and compatibility with the Arduino microcontroller. It is also essential to ensure that the valve is suitable for your specific application and can withstand the environmental conditions it will be used in. Reading product specifications and consulting with experts can help you select the right air valve for your project.